Devastated - Advice Needed

Katiem

Hi everyone,

I think I know the answer but it's not the answer I want so I'm hoping someone can shed a ray of light.

I have my IELTS exam tomorrow morning and I'm fully prepared but ... my passport is stuck at the Vietnamese Embassy! It should have been back this week so I knew it was going to be tight but I need a Visa from them and didn't have a choice, had to leave it with them.

I do have a photocopy of my passport and my actual driving licence. I can also provide my old passport, birth certificate etc ... pretty much ANY kind of ID they might request to proove who I am but given the tight security, I'm fairly certain they'll be very strict and not accept it.

So, what do you think? Is it worth the 2 hour drive first thing in the morning to try my luck and hopefully not have to waste the £130 fee? Or is it an absolutely lost cause?

I'm so annoyed with myself for not realising all of this sooner as I may have been able to phone the test centre to see what they say and also generally frustrated with the timing because if I don't sit the exam tommorow, I won't be able to do it until May now and July is creeping ever closer!!

Since it is clear that you're not getting your passport back at this point, I think considering the timing, it would be worth a try. But before you drive out there, you may want to call them first and explain your situation.

Best wishes ~

When I sat my ielts the lady in queue in front of me had left her passport behind accidentally but as she had other forms of I'd they let her sit it .

You wouldn't believe how happy this post has made me!!! I'm definitely going to go tomorrow and keep everything crossed they'll let me sit it.

You wouldn't believe how happy this post has made me!!! I'm definitely going to go tomorrow and keep everything crossed they'll let me sit it.

Hi when I was taking my test there was a guy who lost his the day before ... He had lots of other IDs and they let him to take the exam, I say get there early and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation and bring all the proof of identity you can think of!Driving licence, Birth certificate, credit card...

Good luck

The person in front me did the same thing and they let her do it. Just take all the docs you can.

Good luck

Hi,

Thank you for the advice everyone. I went this morning with various pieces of ID. They were actually happy with just the photocopy but did put me through the extra security (fingerprints + a photo). So IELTS done ... now the waiting. So relieved!

Guest liverpoolollie
Hi,

Thank you for the advice everyone. I went this morning with various pieces of ID. They were actually happy with just the photocopy but did put me through the extra security (fingerprints + a photo). So IELTS done ... now the waiting. So relieved!

made up for you katiem.

glad you were able to do it,hope you get the results that you need.

liverpoolollie.

Archived