This may be a daft question but can I ship photagraphs that are in wooden frames?

veronica

Sorry if this has been asked before, but my boxes have just arrived from seven seas and i want to start packing, i know they don't like wooden items i.e furniture etc to go but is it alright to send some small photograps that have a wooden fram?

Any info would be great.

Yes. We did. Customs took the backs off a couple of big paintings to check inside but they didn't appear to have shown any interest in the photos. You could list them on your inventory for peace of mind. It's untreated wood they are interested in and anything that has been outside (like garden furniture). They don't mind wooden dining tables and bed frames etc. You can also take wooden kitchen bowls too if they are treated.

Wooden furniture is fine as long as it it treated and in UK it will be, they are not keen on cane/rattan stuff. But the varnished sort from the UK may well be fine as they are looking for raw wood that might harbour insects.

Photo frames will be fine. Also feather duvets cushions etc are fine but not things like pine cones, ostrich/peacock feathers.

Even wooden garden furniture is OK if spotlessly clean and treated. What they are looking for is soil, insects (alive or dead), seeds etc.

Archived