Family relationships improved since coming to oz ?

ghost

Is it just me or does anyone else find their family relationships have improved since the big move?

I now talk properly face to face to my parents once a week rather than sit there and try to get my dads attention from the tv as once before.

I regularly use th "L" word with my sisters now , and it's previously unknown.

I feel closer to my brother as I never thought he cared about anything , yet he cried loads as I left.

My friends email. E that they miss me and things aren't the same without me there.

All these things you never get to do or know unless you tear yourself away from your life in the uk.

Is it just me or does anyone else find their family relationships have improved since the big move?

I now talk properly face to face to my parents once a week rather than sit there and try to get my dads attention from the tv as once before.

I regularly use th "L" word with my sisters now , and it's previously unknown.

I feel closer to my brother as I never thought he cared about anything , yet he cried loads as I left.

My friends email. E that they miss me and things aren't the same without me there.

All these things you never get to do or know unless you tear yourself away from your life in the uk.

In the words of the famous credit card ad.....'Improving your relationships for the better - Priceless!' Whatever the financial cost of your move, the emotional benefits are far more important and I wish you and your family a happy life wherever you choose to spend it. Good luck!

That's an intersting one.

Am still in the UK with my old man overseas/ UK and technology has certainly improved our relationship. Whereas we probably only phoned each other 4 times a year and caught up f2f once a year, with Skype etc we talk at least once a fortnight. He really is the tech-savy one with Pads & Pods coming out of his ears and I am the laggard....

So yes, although the miles can be further, it can be easier for relationships, IMHO.

BTS

Yes, being overseas from our family since 2009 we have made sure to keep in touch on a more quality basis. The only pain with being in Oz is the time difference, and our oldies have no clue about computers or Skype so we have to rely on BIL to go over with his laptop and pray for a good connection. Other than that it is generally OK and really weeds out those who actually care about you and who will be bothered to email and keep in touch.

Archived