176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

the program is a part time program. probably will take six years to complete. Hopefully that should help kickstart a career here. Teaching is great for the soul but not that great for the pocket. would have still stuck with teaching if it wasnt a six month contract gig. its not very healthy worrying whether there will be a job every six months or not.

Hey Leanie good to hear that things are well in Broome. I drove to Gingin today and saw the town and it was quaint and beautiful. I wonder of Broome is like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Killara, I'm glad you are very happy with your life in Aus. Citizenship in Jan, is that 4 years for you? I thought you applied around the same time as the rest of us but I guess you must've got in there a year or so before most of us.

Hey Pradiprn, good luck with your studies and if thats the career path you want to choose you should go for it.

Broome is pretty good. It is just coming into the dry season so lovely and warm during the day but a bit cooler at night. Not too humid most of the time but I have had a few really humid and hot days where you feel pretty sticky! The beaches are beautiful, the water is crystal clear. It is not too busy at the moment but come tourist peak season the population of Broome swells and its probably not so nice for the locals. My kids are at a good school but it starts so early 8am-2pm, and I am not a morning person so thats hard to get used to lol! My baby is good and finally sleeping through the night but she wakes early, again not so good for a non morning person!

@leanie Yes, I will be 4 years in Aus in Jan. My PR grant was the same month as you, but I was already in Aus on other visas since the start of 2011. I was one of the offshore visa applications applied for onshore, so for the grant I had to hop across the ditch to NZ for a few days.

Good to hear that everything seems to be going very well for you and your family in Broome (apart from the early starts of course - I can understand that - I'm not a morning person either!).

@pradiprn yes best of luck with the studies if you do go down that path. If you think I can help you with any questions which you might have about that career path, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

So sorry I haven't checked in for ages ? doesn't mean I don't think how your all doing though ?

How are you all? Hope all is well. It's 2 years today since we left the uk!!! Where on earth did that go? It's been a rough year for us with Justin (hubby) loosing both his grandmothers and his dad but we are getting there. We are all doing ok. Both the children are doing great in school and loving life here. Justin is still in the same job. We bought land and then pulled out ? so still looking for somewhere to settle but it will come!!

I hope your all still around be great to catch up with everyone! ☺️ Ok off to read the last few pages of the thread now to catch up on everyone's news. Byeeeee ?? xx

Hi everyone. Good to hear from you. Killara so great you can get citizenship. The same rules do not apply in nz, I had PR for 3 years but had been there about 8years in total but still would've had to wait for 5years of PR until I could get citizenship. Obviously I did not wait!

Jasperyogi sorry to hear of the losses in your family. So dad to be so far away from family when things like this happen. I hope you find the right patch of paradise to build on.

We are enjoying a warm winter/dry season in Broome. My fav thing to do is driving up cable beach.

I almost forgot to say, for some of us now that our 2year state obligation is now at an end, is anyone thinking of changing states? We plan to move to QLD but not for a year or two.

hey leanie. good to hear from you. hows the little one doing? I had a release from the 2 year obligation but am staying on. Now that we are building a house the decision is made in a way. maybe a few years down the line who knows. at the moment perth it is and actually we like it here

• 6 months later...

Hi peeps, how's every one doing?

Feeling a bit nostalgic today so dug up this thread. Can't believe it's been over 2 years since I moved. Time sure does whiz by ....

So far loving life down under. Only have to wait 1.5 years more to get my Citizenship and officially call this beautiful country home.

What are you guys up to these days?

Hey

Good, been here just over two years, son just finished year 12. We are on the move again. Not sure where yet but waiting for our PR visa to be processed. We have definitely had enough of living where we are. Hoping it won't be as complicated as the first visa. I have quit my current job and been offered another but need to sort the visa in order to take it. If it doesn't come we will be heading back to UK /EU in the nest few months. It's all good though whatever happens

Millie x

Hey ToOz, Millie

Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Good to hear from you guys. Am still here in Perth. built a house in Butler and moved in early October. How are things with you ToOz?

Millie how much time before the PR gets processed? and hope things work out in time.

Hi everyone, merry Christmas. It's good to hear how some of you are getting on. We are still in WA and still living in Broome. The wet season is here but it's not too bad at the mo, I envisage some pretty hot days in the months ahead. 18months until we can get our citizenship too, bring it on.

• 1 month later...
Hey

Good, been here just over two years, son just finished year 12. We are on the move again. Not sure where yet but waiting for our PR visa to be processed. We have definitely had enough of living where we are. Hoping it won't be as complicated as the first visa. I have quit my current job and been offered another but need to sort the visa in order to take it. If it doesn't come we will be heading back to UK /EU in the nest few months. It's all good though whatever happens

Millie x

Hope things will be hassle free this time around. Are you applying through an agent?

Hey ToOz, Millie

Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Good to hear from you guys. Am still here in Perth. built a house in Butler and moved in early October. How are things with you ToOz?

Millie how much time before the PR gets processed? and hope things work out in time.

All good over here. Work has been in full swing so busy as usual.

I was in Butler/Clarkson area a few months ago. it improved quite a bit since I first saw it a while ago.

Hey guys

Got a direct grant on my 189 about 10 days ago. No agent. I reckoned after the first one I knew what to do. Moved to Brisbane that day (previously only allowed in a regional area), started the new job in Brisbane the next day. Got a house to rent and move in next week.

and relax, Millie x

Hey guys

Got a direct grant on my 189 about 10 days ago. No agent. I reckoned after the first one I knew what to do. Moved to Brisbane that day (previously only allowed in a regional area), started the new job in Brisbane the next day. Got a house to rent and move in next week.

and relax, Millie x

That's fantastic. Congratulations. Here's to your new found freedom :)

Hey guys

and relax, Millie x

Huge congratulations Millie.

• 1 year later...
Time sure does fly. It's been 4 years since the peeps in this group started the journey. How is everyone? A few more months and we can move to next phase - Citizenship!

Hi Tooz,

how are you? Where are you these days? I'm still in WA up the top end but it'll be time to move on soon. I'm so over renting. I'm looking forward to moving east in the near future and hopefully buying a house.

• 2 months later...

Almost time to apply for citizenship I am excited! I haven't had citizenship of the country I'm living in since 2004! For those that have done it already is there anything you can do in advance of the date (about 4-5 weeks away)? Is it just passport photos and a form to be signed by an Aussie citizen that's known you for a year?

Almost time to apply for citizenship I am excited! I haven't had citizenship of the country I'm living in since 2004! For those that have done it already is there anything you can do in advance of the date (about 4-5 weeks away)? Is it just passport photos and a form to be signed by an Aussie citizen that's known you for a year?

Hey @leanie. Good to hear from you. I started getting my docs sorted as well. I think the Identity declaration form could benefit from being done early. The others seem straightforward. May need PCCs if you spent significant time overseas.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/235621-citizenship-timeline-years-2015-2016-a.html

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/application-options/migrant-with-permanent-residence/documents

• 2 weeks later...
Hey @leanie. Good to hear from you. I started getting my docs sorted as well. I think the Identity declaration form could benefit from being done early. The others seem straightforward. May need PCCs if you spent significant time overseas.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/235621-citizenship-timeline-years-2015-2016-a.html

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/application-options/migrant-with-permanent-residence/documents

Thanks Tooz. So if I apply electronically I need birth & marriage certificate, drivers license, passport photo & form that is endorsed, proof of address, and I just scan it all in and attach much the way we did for the pr application? So basically it can all be done at home apart from passport photo and getting the form & photo endorsed? I haven't been overseas for more than a year since arriving or more than 90days in the last year so no extra docs as far as I can tell.

Where are you these days Tooz?

Thanks Tooz. So if I apply electronically I need birth & marriage certificate, drivers license, passport photo & form that is endorsed, proof of address, and I just scan it all in and attach much the way we did for the pr application? So basically it can all be done at home apart from passport photo and getting the form & photo endorsed? I haven't been overseas for more than a year since arriving or more than 90days in the last year so no extra docs as far as I can tell.

Where are you these days Tooz?

I am still in Perth, working for the same company that I started with 4 years ago. Work has been good to me so no real incentive to move.

Sounds like you got all the docs sorted. Don't forgot to take a gander at the citizenship test manual, if you want to bring your test date forward.

I am still in Perth, working for the same company that I started with 4 years ago. Work has been good to me so no real incentive to move.

Sounds like you got all the docs sorted. Don't forgot to take a gander at the citizenship test manual, if you want to bring your test date forward.

I'm glad work has been good to you. How do you bring your test date forward?! Is it just what's in the manual what you'll be tested on? Not a fan of tests!

• 3 weeks later...

I got my citizenship application in last week, added 2 of the kids on mine, 3rd kid is already an Aussie citizen. All pretty straightforward just took ages as I had to re-enter the same info repeatedly it seemed. My hubby did his but it asked for pcc's and a Centrelink certificate. This is because he is from NZ but he applied for a pr visa and is not a kiwi who lived in Aus prior to 2001. With the answers to the questions I would have thought it would have ruled out the extra pcc's etc, they weren't added and a note was put instead saying they don't apply as we both have not been out of Aus since arriving for more than a year or 90days in a single country. Has anyone else applied?

Archived