Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest SeeUlater

An update from my call to DIAC today. Nice guy I talked to said that they received unbelievably lot of applications during the recent weeks, but the good news is that they are still able to allocate COs in 4 weeks from lodgement :-)

We applied on 4th of March and still waiting for CO, hopefully not for long!!!

Crossing my fingers for all of us :-) take care.

great news tooz2012. I got my WA SS today too so pretty happy about that - it took 2 weeks 1 day. 176 has been applied for and everything seems to be going our way at the moment as a good offer on our house too. i have included everything i can with 176 just not sure what extra they will need. i guess when i get a CO i will know. will wait to book the medicals i think as we are only in nz so won't take long to get there. i have my nz police cert already as this is free - they way it should be i think!!! i sent off my police cert for UK a couple of weeks ago which they have received. hopefully that comes back soon.

once the documents have been viewed and accepted does the status change from "message" to 'met"?

so glad to finally have the application in, now the next lot of waiting starts haha. i hope to have the visa in 3 months, hopefully this is not too overoptimistic!

great news tooz2012. I got my WA SS today too so pretty happy about that - it took 2 weeks 1 day. 176 has been applied for and everything seems to be going our way at the moment as a good offer on our house too. i have included everything i can with 176 just not sure what extra they will need. i guess when i get a CO i will know. will wait to book the medicals i think as we are only in nz so won't take long to get there. i have my nz police cert already as this is free - they way it should be i think!!! i sent off my police cert for UK a couple of weeks ago which they have received. hopefully that comes back soon.

once the documents have been viewed and accepted does the status change from "message" to 'met"?

so glad to finally have the application in, now the next lot of waiting starts haha. i hope to have the visa in 3 months, hopefully this is not too overoptimistic!

I don't think your being too optimistic at all :) I think we may get our police certs done now but I'm cautious that they will tell us off for getting them in bf requesting it...

I started filling out the application last night cos I had itchy feet and couldn't wait for OH to do it...it wasn't too bad!

There's only a couple of sections and checking to do now...however...I did get confused about a couple of things...if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated...

1. Which office for WA-SS did you select? There are several I wasn't sure whether to select the WA Skilled Migration Center Business Development or WA South West Development?

2. It asks you to provide countries youve lived in for the past 10 yrs...it doesn't let you skip this part...so I just put UK and the earliest and latest date on form with our current address?

3. I am de facto partner do I have to put all of my family members or is it just the primary applicant?

That's it! (so far)!!! :)

An update from my call to DIAC today. Nice guy I talked to said that they received unbelievably lot of applications during the recent weeks, but the good news is that they are still able to allocate COs in 4 weeks from lodgement :-)

We applied on 4th of March and still waiting for CO, hopefully not for long!!!

Crossing my fingers for all of us :-) take care.

That's all good you should be getting one soon then! :)

we did our medicals today and the results should be uploaded in two days. it went well but we will wait to see what happens. PCC left to be done which we anticipate will take more than a month...so we hope to have everything up and about by the time the CO asks for them...

Once the CO takes a look at them they are supposed to change the status to met but some people mentioned that it stayed as required/outstanding even after they got the visa. Just wait for the mail from you CO, his/her words are all that matters.

The fastest grants are in the 3 week range and on average it seems to be taking 2 months. Check the January and February threads. Good luck!

I don't think your being too optimistic at all :) I think we may get our police certs done now but I'm cautious that they will tell us off for getting them in bf requesting it...

I started filling out the application last night cos I had itchy feet and couldn't wait for OH to do it...it wasn't too bad!

There's only a couple of sections and checking to do now...however...I did get confused about a couple of things...if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated...

1. Which office for WA-SS did you select? There are several I wasn't sure whether to select the WA Skilled Migration Center Business Development or WA South West Development?

2. It asks you to provide countries youve lived in for the past 10 yrs...it doesn't let you skip this part...so I just put UK and the earliest and latest date on form with our current address?

3. I am de facto partner do I have to put all of my family members or is it just the primary applicant?

That's it! (so far)!!! :)

1) WA Skilled Migration Center Business Development EDIT: This should actually be WA - State Migration Centre - Small Business Development Corporation :)

2) That is correct

3) I think it's just for the primary applicant, not really sure though.

Let's hope all the March applicants will get their visas, worst case, before 1st of July :) All the best with yours!

PS: Everyone, please post your timelines in your signatures so that we know how things are progressing :)

Edited by toOZ2012

1) WA Skilled Migration Center Business Development EDIT: This should actually be WA - State Migration Centre - Small Business Development Corporation :)

2) That is correct

3) I think it's just for the primary applicant, not really sure though.

Let's hope all the March applicants will get their visas, worst case, before 1st of July :) All the best with yours!

PS: Everyone, please post your timelines in your signatures so that we know how things are progressing :)

That's perfect, thanks tooz2012!

Timelines also updated :)

kimanda, I am the secondary applicant (my husband is the main) and i put all of my family as well. it should be fairly obvious with the surnames who belongs to who! when i got residency in nz a few years ago i had to put all of my family (i was the one applying), and my fiancée at the time had to put all of his also (we were de facto then). can't hurt to add it surely?

as for the police checks, i know they say to wait but the nz one said they could take quite a few weeks and since it was free thought why not get it now - it took a few days! the uk ones, as we are the other side of the world it can take a while to get here. it was received by ACPO on 9th March so should be back pretty soon.

does anyone know if its ok to use an old uk birth certificate that is handwritten? i'm only 31 so its hardly ancient! also my husband has 2 degrees. we have the certificate of the first one (not what his current job is related to), and evidence of the second (official letters from the uni saying you have passed, his academic record), will this be ok do you think?

everyone heading to WA, where are you thinking of settling? :o)

kimanda, I am the secondary applicant (my husband is the main) and i put all of my family as well. it should be fairly obvious with the surnames who belongs to who! when i got residency in nz a few years ago i had to put all of my family (i was the one applying), and my fiancée at the time had to put all of his also (we were de facto then). can't hurt to add it surely?

as for the police checks, i know they say to wait but the nz one said they could take quite a few weeks and since it was free thought why not get it now - it took a few days! the uk ones, as we are the other side of the world it can take a while to get here. it was received by ACPO on 9th March so should be back pretty soon.

does anyone know if its ok to use an old uk birth certificate that is handwritten? i'm only 31 so its hardly ancient! also my husband has 2 degrees. we have the certificate of the first one (not what his current job is related to), and evidence of the second (official letters from the uni saying you have passed, his academic record), will this be ok do you think?

everyone heading to WA, where are you thinking of settling? :o)

Thanks leanie :)

It should be ok as long as the birth cert is the full one with your parents names on.

Not sure about the degree certificates it may be enough esp. if that's what you sent to the assessing bodies and you have the skills assessment docs?

Hoping to find somewhere close to the city, Cottesloe area, or SOR preferably close to a tram line until we get a car :)

Bayswater and surrounds seems nice but well have to check it out when we arrive

Thanks leanie :)

It should be ok as long as the birth cert is the full one with your parents names on.

Not sure about the degree certificates it may be enough esp. if that's what you sent to the assessing bodies and you have the skills assessment docs?

Hoping to find somewhere close to the city, Cottesloe area, or SOR preferably close to a tram line until we get a car :)

Bayswater and surrounds seems nice but well have to check it out when we arrive

For my husbands skills assessment he didn't have to send a copy of his degree as he is a nz nurse and they must be able to check the records. They required proof of nursing registration in nz, a reference from employer. I think the degree should be ok as it says on the "message" part that an academic transcript is whats required, and thats actually what we have so all good i hope. the birth cert is a full one. PC from UK arrived today. They put a photo on it these days!!!

Does everyone have to a medical with chest x-ray and hiv (no chest x-ray & hiv for kids I know)? Or do they sometimes only ask for certain parts for the medicals? I would go for mine now but its quite pricey for the 4 of us and don't want to do them if its not necessary.

Cottesloe looks nice on the pics I just looked at. We're thinking of heading a few hours south of Perth on the coast for the first few months, then over the following 21months heading north along the coast as far as the Kimberleys.

Pradiprn are you sure you don't have a CO?

Does everyone have to a medical with chest x-ray and hiv (no chest x-ray & hiv for kids I know)? Or do they sometimes only ask for certain parts for the medicals? I would go for mine now but its quite pricey for the 4 of us and don't want to do them if its not necessary.

Pradiprn are you sure you don't have a CO?

Hi leanie,

Chest X-ray(to check for TB) and HIV are there for pretty much everyone.

From what I understand, Medicals are finalized by HOC (Health Operations Centre)

Check out this thread for hints of being assigned a CO: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/142987-how-do-you-know-you-have-co.html

How are the early March applicants (newlifeincoming, SeeUlater, amrita) doing? Any exciting updates?

Guest SeeUlater

I have no news, still waiting for CO. Checking online status every 2 hours like a crazy woman and am thinking about everything what can possibly go wrong. This whole waiting is really frustrating, but there nothing else to do :-))