457 Visa Job

Truchazul

HI

This certainly has been one hell of a long wait, more so for yourselves having to wait this long for the visa, but I do think things might be moving soon from an e-mail sent by Callum this company in Hazelmere nr the airport is interested in taking on a few tradesmen he had hoped to know this next week so don't dash hopes yet, but our problem is the 3 month trial and whether we can get families onto visa's in time for Christmas that is going to be a big issue, I hope IP will bend a little on this contract ruling even so it will still be a tight squeeze to sort flights out in time too. Even if you rent unfurnished there are places you can rent a complete set up from white goods to beds and other furniture on a monthly basis, anyway lets hope this next week we hear something, and if there recruitment drive next week is a success all of us could be out very soon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think things are moving from the last e-mail sent by IP there on a recruitment drive next week and also a mention of a company in Hazelmere called Specialized welding are interested and could have some places available lets hope so and soon.

Out of the 27 tradesmen IP have recruited this year in March 17 have placements not sure if any of them have been using PIO site we know a few have but if there is a few more how about dropping a line on here let us know how things have progressed for you? how you are finding your new surroundings and whether you might want to meet up for a beer? there may also be some previous trades employed by IP over the last 7 years of recruiting from the UK who could shed a bit of light on how they have got on with IP?

Hi

No not heard anything I will be e-mailing Callum by Friday latest, can I ask have any of you chased Callum or Peter as well maybe it is time for all of us to start BADGERING them and ask whats happening there contract has gone past the 12 week stage which is what they stated would be the longest we should have to wait my visa was granted 4th May we are coming up to 16 weeks nearly. Would those others waiting for a start date send e-mails out this Friday to IP and see what responce we get also mention Specialized welding and what has occured with their latest recruitment drive?? please post any responce early next week if IP reply.

Check Industry Partners web site they were recruiting again after my initial recruitment drive which was in Feb offered a job in March got my visa granted in May but I am and so are others who were offered jobs still waiting for them IP to find placements for us, they usually recruit twice yearly so if you missed this one I am sure they will be recruiting again probably in Feb 2013 good luck hope you find something,

Sent callum an e-mail yesterday asking for an update hopefully will hear back shortly he usually answers promptly just asking about the recruitment drive see if anything has materialized from that probably have to wait a week minimum to see if there are any results, he does keep stating he will get us there that is a promise when he has replied to my previous e-mails and I usually send one every other week for an update, I can see us being out before Christmas but the big but will be the 3 month trial which is going to run past xmas just hope families can cope with our absence guess as I said before Christmas day will be 25th Jan next year Hey ho! as this is my last chance to get back to OZ I feel this time because of this waiting game we have no choice but sacrifice the inevitable my partner and I are not happy about it but to achieve our goal just getting there its a small price to pay we can make up for it we will all be better off in the long run thats why we made this choice to go chin up folks we will be there soon

No joy with specialized welding not sure what it was they wanted they asked for boilermakers but then no news there is a meeting with another client next week apparently to see how many staff they want to take on and about accomodation as it is up in Newman rentals cheapest $1500 a week so I am hoping it will be FIFO IP are a bit reluctant to build up our hopes just incase they get dashed which has happened several times so this time I think a wait and see what IP can come up with on this one as soon as I here will let all know although it would be good if there are several of us going at the same time on this one ??

As I said before they dont actually have the positions. They are only manning up incase they get a job. It think it is very unfair of them to build your hopes up, they should be honest and tell you right from the start that they dont yet have positions for you. There are a few projects being put on hold just now as well so I think you could be in for a longer wait. I would definately try and look for sponsorship with another company.

Hi AJ

Industry Partners recruit every year in the UK we have all 27 of us signed contracts 17 have been found placements and yes you are right untill they find a placement we have to wait they are a recruitment agency supplying trades for the mining and oil&gas industries they are sponsoring us on a 457 visa once we have completed 15 months with them we are re-embursed our flights and removal costs they have already paid for the visa and all of us have been had the visa granted.

has anyone heard anything, i tried to phone but no joy in getting to speak with the necessary information holders, still waiting for a response and the endless waiting seems to be ongoing

I think they are stringing you along(this thread started in MARCH!) - sorry but if they had positions you would be in jobs earning them commission by now! You wait might be even longer as so many projects are being put on hold because of the price of iron ore dropping so much. I keep saying they are manning up just incase they get a contract. I think it is going to be harder to get into mines etc on 457's now. There are so many tradesmen actually here already and doing FIFO interstate without them having to sponsor from abroad. I hope it all works out for you but I really think this company are messing you all about - just cos they say they have placed all these people have they really? Also, this not bringing your family over is really suss - just doesnt seem right to me. Good luck anyway but I would definately start looking elsewhere.

There should have been a meeting with clients and IP this week but not had an update yet will be e-mailing them on Monday to see what is happening as there's no point over the weekend I think it is time we all started to push the issue of the length of time they are taki9ng to find placements when there appears to be lots of work out there for boilermakers all trades really lets hope we find out some news next week ???

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have finally been told the same IP are unable to find a placement till the new year pretty crap really been waiting since May when visa was granted, I have asked why they are unable to locate places for the remaining trades still waiting? when there are hundreds of jobs being advertised even with companies IP have already enquired with also many of the areas expecially in the North of WA again where IP have been trying to secure places, makes you wonder since the merger what exactly is going on well all we can do now is hope they are true to thirer word and find places in the new year

have been intouch with Dave Scotty one hang up the visa I have issued before july 1st allows me to apply for PR if I transfer or go on another sponsor then I am going to have problems with the age limit although there is no age limit with a 457 sponsor but a employers sponsor from July 1st after 2 years which we could have applied for PR there is a 50 age limit so we are basically stuck as we do want to apply for PR asap on arrival, bit of a pain but as long as we get over early in the new year we will be happy just hope it wont drag on longer

oh visa was issued 17th August he will apply for PR straight away i think, after two years he will be 49, a bit to close for comfort. we are fine with the new year but would really like some good news for a change. i wish he could find a job himself some one has to be hiring before christmas. it states on his visa metal fabricator its so frustrating but must stay positive. i wonder how the others have got on.

I guess our situation we have no choice visa granted before July dead line which still allows us to apply for PR, we had banked on being there this year but we have to keep a happy outlook on actually getting a sponsor and with fingers crossed we will be out in Australia in the new year can only hope it is not to long a wait in 2013 keep intouch all as we have said before maybe we can all sit an have a cold one somewhere in Perth :biggrin:

Archived