Moving to Australia!

Guest Princessoftheworld20

Hi Everyone,

I am Princessoftheworld20 and I have only been in Australia for over a week, but it is not that bad really, but I still have consequences about the whole thing!

So I have started this new thread for people who have move to Oz and are still unsure!

If you want to know what its like out here, just reply to me and I will be as helpful as possible.

From Princessoftheworld20

P.S I have just finished a book by Cathy Cassidy and it is called Angel Cake. Those of you who have not read it before, I would definately recommend. It is about a girl called Anya who moves from Poland To England.

hi princess..nowt really to do with the thread but, you need to read "remember me" its about a girl who got sent to australia from england...true storie..its the best book you will ever read ...

Who wrote it Larson? I've just googled and there are loads of books titled remember me lol. Actually, with you and princess mentioning books it might be a good idea for a thread

We've certainly been having a heat wave ... it's officially autumn and still 38 degrees today

Dear Ali,

It nearly reached 40degrees...gosh, I have never been in a country so hot, and I am still trying to get used to it!

Who wrote it Larson? I've just googled and there are loads of books titled remember me lol. Actually, with you and princess mentioning books it might be a good idea for a thread

hi . its lesley pearse who wrote it...its so good...i couldent put it down when i started...

Thanks for the inspiration Princess ... I've started a thread about your book - it looks interesting and I can see how you enjoyed it.

Larson ... loved the blurb about the one you mentioned, will have a look for that one .

Guest The Pom Queen
Dear Ali,

It nearly reached 40degrees...gosh, I have never been in a country so hot, and I am still trying to get used to it!

Have you a pool you can dive in? If not its lots of cold showers.

Guest Guest31881
Dear Ali,

Hi

Welcome to PIO,

When you have been here a few months you will find yourself complining when the temperature drops to around 20c you will complain its cold, After I had been here for 12 months (Queensland) I complained at 25c it was chilly...

It does not take too long to get used to the heat:em3600:

Guest AKA63029

Hi matey.

Old man here,:embarrassed:. It is at times difficult to get used to a new country, when I first rocked up in OZ when I was seventeen I guess I was fairly lucky in that I was and am a bit of a loner, and I love fishing, so more often than not you would find me by myself fishing at all hours of he day, BUT.

There were certain things that annoyed me and still do, the heat can be claustrophobic and certain 'ways' of Aussies take some getting used to. But I'm sure you will get used to it matey, with your attitude I'm sure this will be the case,:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Dear Moving 2 Melbourne

We do have a pool, and it is so cool when you get in, to cool you off when it is boiling LOL!

Hi Ali,

thank you very much for making a thread about my suggestion, and the more replies, the more people will read it and wouldn't want to put the book down LOL!

from Princessoftheworld20

• 2 months later...

hey im jess, jokeylads daughter,im 13 year 8 and will be moving to Sunshine Coast this time next year, i cant wait to go but i just want to know some basic info really, but my MAJOR question is when you start school how do the other kids treat you, as an equal or not???? thanks >>> Jess

Edited by Jockeylad

hey im jess, jokeylads daughter,im 13 year 8 and will be moving to Sunshine Coast this time next year, i cant wait to go but i just want to know some basic info really, but my MAJOR question is when you start school how do the other kids treat you, as an equal or not???? thanks >>> Jess

Yeah they treat u as an equal, and they tell me they love my accent!