CDR Engineers Australia

hubbert0403

Check my post here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/139480-engineers-australia-process-costs.html#post1324864

I recently got my outcome and it took ~45 days from date of acknowledgement, even though the website says 10 to 12 weeks.

Many people consider CDRs to be dreadful. For Engineers this will be the step that takes the longest, of the whole PR process, to prepare. Follow the guidelines, in the booklet, to the letter. You'll do just fine.

People in EngAust are a nice bunch, they'll get back to you if anything is missing and or not sufficient. Good luck!

Check my post here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/139480-engineers-australia-process-costs.html#post1324864

I recently got my outcome and it took ~45 days from date of acknowledgement, even though the website says 10 to 12 weeks.

Many people consider CDRs to be dreadful. For Engineers this will be the step that takes the longest, of the whole PR process, to prepare. Follow the guidelines, in the booklet, to the letter. You'll do just fine.

People in EngAust are a nice bunch, they'll get back to you if anything is missing and or not sufficient. Good luck!

Hi Tooz2012

How did your CDR go in the end, did you get the result you wanted?

As for the post I did above, it turns out that when we looked into the Engineering Council of UK, my OH's qualifications are accredited under the Sydney accord. So, we're using that option rather than the CDR. But I have to say, it took ages to get to this conclusion. We've sent the forms off to the Engineering Council of the UK to get it in writing, as soon as we get it, we'll get his application to Engineers Australia.

Good Luck Hubert0403, it does seem daunting at first, but its not so bad. Although we didn't go through the full CDR, my OH got approached by an Ozzie Agency looking for people and we had to basically do a (much scaled down version) of a CDR. Once he sat down to do it, it sort of came naturally because its what he knows and does best.

Good Luck hunny :) x x x

J'sOZ

Hi Tooz2012

How did your CDR go in the end, did you get the result you wanted?

As for the post I did above, it turns out that when we looked into the Engineering Council of UK, my OH's qualifications are accredited under the Sydney accord. So, we're using that option rather than the CDR. But I have to say, it took ages to get to this conclusion. We've sent the forms off to the Engineering Council of the UK to get it in writing, as soon as we get it, we'll get his application to Engineers Australia.

Good Luck Hubert0403, it does seem daunting at first, but its not so bad. Although we didn't go through the full CDR, my OH got approached by an Ozzie Agency looking for people and we had to basically do a (much scaled down version) of a CDR. Once he sat down to do it, it sort of came naturally because its what he knows and does best.

Good Luck hunny :) x x x

J'sOZ

Hi J'sOz,

Yes, I got a positive outcome for both my Skills Assessment and Skilled Employment, it only took 45 days so I am happy with their processing speeds. It's good that you guys don't have to take the CDR route.

For Washington/Sydney Accord, it is currently taking like less than 1 week from date of acknowledgement to know the outcome plus some more for the post to arrive. If you want to speed things up a bit, you can also send in a pre-paid return courier so that they'll use that instead of the standard non-registered snail mail. Do check the status by using the e-mail I gave in that post and remind them to use the pre-paid courier the same day your CO has been allocated. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

What is the outcome of the assessment - if the assessment is posivie, do you get some kind of chartership or a title like PEng?

I suppose such title would be beneficial when looking for a job...

You just qualify for "Stage 1" which is the same as the UK. It means you meet the minimum qualification and work experience as a Professional Engineer or Technologist. You then have to apply to become a member of Engineers Australia and then apply for your chartered. Sit an interview, etc.

If you are already a chartered engineer in the UK then you may be able to skip applying for charted in oz. I don't know.

Archived