457 visas & schooling in Queensland

Hanbo24

Hi - we are moving to Toowoomba in July this year with a 3 and 5 year old, am I right in thinking the 3 yr old will go to day care/preschool and the 5 yr old can start full time primary (kindergarten)?

Also costs - is it donations and paying for the "extras"

Thanks - I'm bamboozled!

You will have to pay for the child care and you wont get any support from the government for that so you will be up for $60 - $80 per day depending on the centre you choose. The 5 year old will be free but with "voluntary donations" which arent really voluntary (around $100 per term) plus all the extras - uniforms, book packs, excursions, performances, extra lessons etc

You will have to pay for the child care and you wont get any support from the government for that so you will be up for $60 - $80 per day depending on the centre you choose. The 5 year old will be free but with "voluntary donations" which arent really voluntary (around $100 per term) plus all the extras - uniforms, book packs, excursions, performances, extra lessons etc

Hope you don't mind me asking but what are the before and after school

clubs like? What time do they start/finish? and roughly what are the costs involved?

As I will be working shifts and my husband will be looking for employment at sometime, making sure our son has care is a big concern for us.

Kind regards

Archived