The packers are here

samshep

Thought i'd write a brief note to those of you that this may be a reality happening to you soon.

I'm sat in my neighbours house writing this whilst the packers are in mine wrapping and packing. It has been a stressful few weeks to get to this as because i am anally organised we decluttered the whole house and sorted it all out for the packers - which I have to say they have totally appreciated.

We have allocated certain rooms ie utility and bathrooms for things not to be packed and then in my kitchen i have been around it sticking post it notes on individual doors and drawers with either a NO or a PACK, made things as easy as poss for them.

we also moved out to my mums yesterday so things could be piled up easy for them and will not be back in for a few days so they don't have to worry about leaving it for us to sleep in overnight.

the cleaning stuff took longer than we thought, and is as clean as it could possibly be, house stinks of Jeyes.

Packers are nice guys, polite and friendly and greatly appreciated that i'd left the kettle out and had some Yorkshire tea (and biscuits) for them.

So far so good.

It does feel a bit scary and I felt pysically sick this morning, not about the move just about the worry that something would go wrong with the packing.

We will then move back in to a empty house wed for 5 weeks, we will be borrowing stuff from friends etc. Didn't want to be too long in Oz without our stuff so thought it would be easier this end with nothing - then fly to Brisbane 2nd April for our new life - eeeeek. Not looking forward to the goodbyes!!

Will update you later on progress.

sam:cool:

Thought i'd write a brief note to those of you that this may be a reality happening to you soon.I'm sat in my neighbours house writing this whilst the packers are in mine wrapping and packing. It has been a stressful few weeks to get to this as because i am anally organised we decluttered the whole house and sorted it all out for the packers - which I have to say they have totally appreciated.We have allocated certain rooms ie utility and bathrooms for things not to be packed and then in my kitchen i have been around it sticking post it notes on individual doors and drawers with either a NO or a PACK, made things as easy as poss for them.we also moved out to my mums yesterday so things could be piled up easy for them and will not be back in for a few days so they don't have to worry about leaving it for us to sleep in overnight.the cleaning stuff took longer than we thought, and is as clean as it could possibly be, house stinks of Jeyes.Packers are nice guys, polite and friendly and greatly appreciated that i'd left the kettle out and had some Yorkshire tea (and biscuits) for them.So far so good. It does feel a bit scary and I felt pysically sick this morning, not about the move just about the worry that something would go wrong with the packing.We will then move back in to a empty house wed for 5 weeks, we will be borrowing stuff from friends etc. Didn't want to be too long in Oz without our stuff so thought it would be easier this end with nothing - then fly to Brisbane 2nd April for our new life - eeeeek. Not looking forward to the goodbyes!!Will update you later on progress.sam:cool:
Wow! I am so impressed with your organisational skills! When it comes to my turn to do all this, I will refer back to this thread to get me in the zone! It is a great idea to send your things off to Aus early and do without it all here for the few weeks.Best of luck with your goodbyes. That is the worst bit... when we left for Aus (the first time) my coping mechanism was to kind of disassociate myself with the situation, everyone else was bawling their eyes out and I was quite matter of fact about the whole thing. I think if that hadn't happened I would have been an ambulance job.All the best for your future!

Packers update.............

well back in the house as the packers have gone, packed downstairs today and will do upstairs tomorrow and load it onto container. they were superquick but they are putting that down to my super organised house, they would have got it all done today but have allowed for tomorrow as well so need to leave some for tomorrow.

Masses of boxes and strange shaped packaged everywhere.

Will again say so far so good, very friendly and professional packers whom will be back at 0730ish tomorrow, i'll be at work so will leave them to let themself in and pack again - gave them a key.

House feels very strange, am glad not sleeping here - a little sad as well, shall miss my house as have some great memories here.

Oh well, lets hope tomorrow is as good.

Sam

Can't wait for our packing day Sam... Good luck in Oz, I have friends out there and they love it, we moved here from South Africa 5 years ago, so we just can't wait to get back to our old out door lifestyle only it will be in Oz and not in SA!!

May I ask who you're packing with? Just starting with the quote process before we decide who to use :)

Guest gmpjr241

In the process of packing - packers coming tomorrow - any idea if you can take the following, I keep seeing conflicting information:-

Batteries

Shoe Polish

Hemp material products

Printer cartridges

wooden kitchen utensils

Still high on Jeyes fluid smells.

James

Archived