Expression of Interest System & Trades (Sparks in particular)

Alanlisa

Hi everyone,

We are still pulling all the paperwork together to submit to vetassess so we have got no chance of ever applying for the visa before the July deadline.

Does anyone know how likely it would be for sparks (or any other trades for others out there who may be interested) to be invited once the tests etc have been completed and passed? My husband is nervous about spending all the money to do the vetassess test and then for us never to be invited!! :unsure:

Also after just reading the skillselect website it states that if you are nominated by a state you will automatically receive an invitation. Is nomination the same as sponsorship???? Aargh!!!!

My husband is a Carpenter and today we just realised that due to the backlog there is just no way we will beat the July deadline. My agent says the new system is not a negative it just will stop people applying openly .. It should clear the backlog and be a quicker process. I spent over an hour on the phone with him today and he says because oh is on the Sol 1 list (Sparks too) he will be invited to apply.

However we are still nervous.

We had a panic attack over this a week or so ago for the same reason. We are slightly different in that OH is currently being assessed for an AQF III which he needs in order to obtain a licence to trade in Oz. We spoke to our agent and he has assured us that the Skill Select would be a positive thing for some trades that are still in demand. We are in the frame of mind now that if we can do it before 1 July brilliant, if not, then we will apply under the new rules. You have to remember that the rules seem to change each year. If we had applied before 2007, we would have been able to apply under a different pathway and it would be a lot easier and cheaper. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? If you are serious about going, then it is worth every penny to pay for the skills assessment as you won't be going anywhere without it.

My husband is a Carpenter and today we just realised that due to the backlog there is just no way we will beat the July deadline. My agent says the new system is not a negative it just will stop people applying openly .. It should clear the backlog and be a quicker process. I spent over an hour on the phone with him today and he says because oh is on the Sol 1 list (Sparks too) he will be invited to apply.

However we are still nervous.

Hi Kimsdu,

I've had a lengthy conversation with a migrationa gent at this morning and he didn't seem at all positive about the new changes. He advised that not even the government know what they are doing yet!!!

We are so nervous now about spending all of our money now and there is a possiblity that we won't get invited!! I feel sick about it!!

Hi there

I think it depends on were you are going and your particular skills.My OH is a bricklayer and we have submitted the ASA paper skills assessment on 21/02/12 our agent told us the last bricklayer she sent forward was approved for next stage of assesment in 9 working days.It is definately quicker if your are looking for state sponsorship.I think the new changes are a good thing it just means they are going to stick to the skills in demand.Keep an eye on the states website you are actually going to, their skills list will be online for you to see.Carpenters are in high demand also.A State nomination is the state sponsoring you yes I dont think you need to worry as there is a lot of work in the trades and I dont think it will slow down any time soon.WA has a good website lots of information

Best of Luck I will post as soon as I hear from agent

The thing that has bothered me the most is the agent saying that come July the states might not be allowed to sponsor any1 1st, they may have to apply under the eoi 1st then the states will be able to look.at everyone on a list and nominate them from there. To gain enough points we need Ss, I just can't wait until April because there will be more info released on the skill select website

Guest kianobeano

HI Aussie bound,

could you tell me where you look to see if a chef is on the wa website sol lisT ? will this be good then if hes on it for the July chages ?

we going through an agent, so i havent had to know this. But i was considering looking for sponsor for oh for chef, while doing 176, but agent said dont panic just wait. we are waiting for the AQF from the ATA.[

Thanks

jen QUOTE=Aussie bound;1348427]Hi there

I think it depends on were you are going and your particular skills.My OH is a bricklayer and we have submitted the ASA paper skills assessment on 21/02/12 our agent told us the last bricklayer she sent forward was approved for next stage of assesment in 9 working days.It is definately quicker if your are looking for state sponsorship.I think the new changes are a good thing it just means they are going to stick to the skills in demand.Keep an eye on the states website you are actually going to, their skills list will be online for you to see.Carpenters are in high demand also.A State nomination is the state sponsoring you yes I dont think you need to worry as there is a lot of work in the trades and I dont think it will slow down any time soon.WA has a good website lots of information

Hiya I have just looked on website Chef is definately there

[TABLE=class: ms-rteTable-1, width: 100%]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableOddRow-1]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-1]351311 [/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-1]Chef [/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-1]TRA [/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-1]Available [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

www.migration.wa.gov.au all the info you need is there sponsorship is the quickest route by far get his CV up on seek.com we prefer to wait for state sponsorship as you have more entitlements when your there

Regards Lorraine

HI Aussie bound,

could you tell me where you look to see if a chef is on the wa website sol lisT ? will this be good then if hes on it for the July chages ?

we going through an agent, so i havent had to know this. But i was considering looking for sponsor for oh for chef, while doing 176, but agent said dont panic just wait. we are waiting for the AQF from the ATA.[

Thanks

jen QUOTE=Aussie bound;1348427]Hi there

Archived