Can anyone Help?? Bloody IELTS 8s

kimsdu

Right my hubby is booked in for his IELTS we need to get 8s i have tried a to find him a tutor but there are none in Devon or Cornwall.. His course is in Plymouth they offer a 5 day pre course of 25hrs i tried to book him onto it but the lady at the college said it caters for foreigners who are aiming for a band 6 and that OH would be bored and frustrated...They have no examiners that will do private tutoring.. even though i practically begged!!!

He has to pass 1st time with 8s so we can lodge before July 1st changes and do not want to take any chances... Does anyone have an online skype tutor they recommend? Can you give me details? I have scoured google and only found 1 tutor whos contact details were out of date!!! We need to get him IELTS ready so would want quite a few sessions prior to exam which is May 12th.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

i think there is alot of information on youtube regarding Ielts tests, have you tried that?

Yes had a look the problem is OH finds it hard to sit and study.. If he had a tutor he will perform better and will be able to get his head around it. just want to spend the money on a private tutor rather than maybe him having to take a few tests to get the 8s !! I have seen how difficult it can be by reading threads on here..

Right my hubby is booked in for his IELTS we need to get 8s i have tried a to find him a tutor but there are none in Devon or Cornwall.. His course is in Plymouth they offer a 5 day pre course of 25hrs i tried to book him onto it but the lady at the college said it caters for foreigners who are aiming for a band 6 and that OH would be bored and frustrated...They have no examiners that will do private tutoring.. even though i practically begged!!!

He has to pass 1st time with 8s so we can lodge before July 1st changes and do not want to take any chances... Does anyone have an online skype tutor they recommend? Can you give me details? I have scoured google and only found 1 tutor whos contact details were out of date!!! We need to get him IELTS ready so would want quite a few sessions prior to exam which is May 12th.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

http://www.aapress.com.au/

My advice, book more tests and soon!

Giving yourself only one chance of getting it right so soon to the rules changes is a big ask! Do not under estimate how hard this test is.

Yes get a tutor if you can but there is no substitute for practice and experience. Book more tests!

I did my first attempt at 5 days notice and even though I failed to get 8's, it taught me a lot. I passed on my 2nd attempt but had a 3rd already booked and was willing to book many more. I was willing to take as many tests as it took. All 3 were booked in different test centres because they were the only ones free in the timescales I was working to. I was willing to travel anywhere in Europe just to get the dates booked in if I had to.

One test date that you must pass is simply too much pressure and you may really regret not making room for more tests in the time that you have got :-)

Archived