APHRA-Certifying documents-What do they actually want?! Confusing!

helent113

Hi All,

With regards certifying documents the APHRA website does not make it very clear exactly what they want! I know it has to be a justice of the peace doing it but I can't work out what they want writing where! It says that every page has to have initials and the last page has to certify that they are true copies of the original. However when they say last page, does that mean only one of the documents has to say that? All the documents are seperate single pages i.e. certificates, ID etc.

Im confused! ha

Any help appreciated xx

Guest AKA63029

Hi 113.

I would imagine it means EVERY last page of EVERY document. But it has been a while since I went through the process, and doubtless someone with more recent experience will be able to help.

Cheers Tony.

hi it means every document needs to have the statement on that its a true copy but if the document is several pages long such as the university transcript then the first pages just need to be initialled and the last page have the statement on. Hope this makes sense.

Be initialed on every page by the Authorised Officer.

Annotated on the last page as appropriate e.g. “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original” and signed by the Authorised Officer.

List the name, date of certification, and contact phone number and position number (if relevant) and have the stamp or seal of the Authorised Officer (if relevant) applied

Shop around for someone, prices vary considerably. Some people charge per document, some per person regardless of how many documents. Don't know how geared up JP's are but notary publics do this every day and know exactly what they need to do. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Be initialed on every page by the Authorised Officer.

Annotated on the last page as appropriate e.g. “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original” and signed by the Authorised Officer.

List the name, date of certification, and contact phone number and position number (if relevant) and have the stamp or seal of the Authorised Officer (if relevant) applied

Shop around for someone, prices vary considerably. Some people charge per document, some per person regardless of how many documents. Don't know how geared up JP's are but notary publics do this every day and know exactly what they need to do. Good luck.

I rang the Northern Ireland courts service for the names of local JPs and was given 2 names etc. I asked them was there a standard charge or would the JPs charge me their own price for certifying documents. The lady told me there is no charge for this. So I am going to find out if that is the case. Fingers crossed :)

Archived