Moving to Aus on subclass visa 461

ADAWN

Hi Guys, thank goodness I have found ppl who have applied for the 461, I'm new here so firstly " hello" !

Ok here goes

Me I'm from the Uk married 1 yr to a kiwi we both lived in the UK, he came bk 6 months ago I stayed sold the house and joined him two months ago here in NZ ( been together 4 yrs) so the evidence bit for the 461 isn't a problem my question is!

Can an I apply for the 461 now before my husband gets employment in Oz? Reason being we have family coming from uk for dec/ jan so he can't go ahead now and get work.

after hearing waiting times for decisions my heart has sunk I'd prefer we went together to get work but is this possible ?? That I can apply now for the 461 even though he is still here in NZ and hasn't excepted a job yet in Oz?

Even if I applied now I'd be so happy we could enter together instead of me being here alone in NZ waiting for the decision on the 461 visa!

Any info i of I would be grateful

Many thanks

J

You can read all about the 461 visa on www.immi.gov.au. I don't believe it says anything about employment for the sponsor though.

Thanks - I have read it, because it didn't specifically say, I assumed being a sponsor they would have had to be employed in oz already, but thinking about it, why do they have to be as they can look for work when they arrive, also it states you can enter with them.

Thanks so much for your reply.

With with me being here in Nz I'm wondering would I have to send chest X-rays again as I've been cleared for here already.

I will ill have another read but thank you again

J

Thanks - I have read it, because it didn't specifically say, I assumed being a sponsor they would have had to be employed in oz already, but thinking about it, why do they have to be as they can look for work when they arrive, also it states you can enter with them.

Thanks so much for your reply.

With with me being here in Nz I'm wondering would I have to send chest X-rays again as I've been cleared for here already.

I will ill have another read but thank you again

J

Why assume something that is not mentioned, if they want him to have employment then it would say he needs to have employment.

Why assume something that is not mentioned, if they want him to have employment then it would say he needs to have employment.

Yes you are right pumpkin, thanks

Hey Jules I hope you get it as it will save you that process in the long run!!

good luck and thanks I'll double check!

Im trying to gage what the medicals cost her in Nz for the 461. Just out of interest .

but again good luck let us know how you get on

J x

I've just started talks with a migration agent to have my work sponsor me through a 186 visa so that I can go PR. Currently on the 461. I've been here just under 3 years and they've confirmed I don't have to do the skills assessment which is great. Saves money and time and hassle.

On a 461 you won't get full Medicare unless you're kiwi (not sure about the kids), you will get rebates if you're from the UK or other country with reciprocal agreement, there's only one private health insurer that I know of for 461 visas and they charge quite a bit more than your standard providers especially if you want extras and full cover.

461 is a great entry visa (quick and cheap) but if you can get one leading to permanent path then I'd definitely recommend exhausting that route first. Especially if you plan on being here long term and raising the kids here. Once you're pr it's easier to get the kids and husband PR, you never know when they change the rules again on kiwis!

Remember if you're on a visa linked to an employer or other specific conditions and it doesn't work out you'll likely always have the 461 to fall back on

Best of luck!

Hello,

your post has has been very useful. I am on 461 and moving to Australia end of this year. I am currently based in London and will be moving with my wife who is NZ citizen post 2001 rules.

I have been reading and exploring about that option of PR after 2 years with employer while on 461 as Direct Entry. I had few questions about this.

1) does the job need to be high skilled and on nominated List SOL or CSOL when completing 2 years on 461?

2) Skill assessment definitely not required?

3) In 2 years do you need to be with same employer before you move to subclass 186 as direct entry or just last 12 months out of 2 years?

4) does the company need anything special to nominate you?

5) will you be able to share your Agent details? You can PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Confirming that 461 visa holders are not required to obtain a skills assessment when applying for an employer nominated subclass 186 visa - from the DIBP website:

You might not have to meet the skill assessment and work experience requirements if you:

are in Australia as the holder of a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa (subclass 461) and have worked with your nominating employer in your nominated occupation for the past two years (not including any period of unpaid leave) in the three years before you apply for this visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx

(Visa applicants/Who could get this visa/Direct Entry Stream)

In case of need: http://www.gmvisas.com/

Best regards.

You can read all about the 461 visa on www.immi.gov.au. I don't believe it says anything about employment for the sponsor though.

Hi Pumpkin

Quick question, if granted the 461 visa can I enter Australia before my kiwi husband?

Reason I ask is I'm going to see family for NWe years in Australia, and we where talking saying I should maybe stay on and start looking for work whilst I'm there etc! He just wants to clear up financial stuff and his job etc in NZ before going.

if I can't enter with ought him on the 461 but I've been granted it, I could still just get a holiday visitor visa for seeing family on New Years and then return to Nz until he has all things tied up.

sorry for the confusion with questions

many thanks

Janice

Hi Pumpkin or anyone who could help or advise

A couple of questions

Can I enter Oz on the 461 before my Kiwi husband ?? ( I think it states I obviously can't)

also if I can't I am granted the 461 but I'm going to see my family in OZ for NYE can I still go on a holiday visitor visa? Worried incase they question me why my husband isn't with me.

My family are arriving to Nz in dec for holiday then heading to Oz to be with our family over there fir New Years before heading back to the Uk, due to work commitments here in NZ my husband can't go with us. We firstly wondered if I was able to enter on the 461 ( which I can't see them allowing) I could go ahead and try set up for him whilst he ties up things in Nz with finances and his job etc.

But if I can't enter before or not with him on the 461 but my 461 had been granted is it ok for me to holiday with my family in oz on a holiday visitor visa.?

Also finally if granted the 461 visa how much time is given to move once granted??

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get things organised for when my family arrived and trying to sort this visa/ plans if all is granted.

Many thanks

Janice

Hello, the 461 is not like other visas.

You do not have to be with the NZ passport holder when you enter.

There is no time limit once issued to enter, you can enter and leave any time up to 5 years from date of issue after which time you must leave Australia unless you have been granted another visa.

BB

Hello, the 461 is not like other visas.

You do not have to be with the NZ passport holder when you enter.

There is no time limit once issued to enter, you can enter and leave any time up to 5 years from date of issue after which time you must leave Australia unless you have been granted another visa.

BB

Thanks do much for the info, I think this visa doesn't go into depth much and it's nice to get as much info .

Thank you again

J :)

Confirming that 461 visa holders are not required to obtain a skills assessment when applying for an employer nominated subclass 186 visa - from the DIBP website:

You might not have to meet the skill assessment and work experience requirements if you:

are in Australia as the holder of a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa (subclass 461) and have worked with your nominating employer in your nominated occupation for the past two years (not including any period of unpaid leave) in the three years before you apply for this visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx(Visa applicants/Who could get this visa/Direct Entry Stream)

In case of need: http://www.gmvisas.com/

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the confirmation and send the links over.

It's good to know it can proceed to apply for PR after 2 years under ENS direct entry. Do you know if Employers are readily available to do this for 461 candidates?

I will be in touch with you for your services

thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, 8 weeks aho i applied for my 461visa and still waitinng for confirmation, on submission i sent police check and all medicals plus all relevent evidence etc. i know they say2-3 months standard processing time, but my patents are currently here visiting and travelling the whole of Nz.

They are heading to Oz on the 27th dec 14 to visit our famil for NYE. My parents purchased me a flight as a gift go also, but my concern is that 1. can i enter on a one way flight on a visitor visa have proof of funds to keep going and tell them im deciding when i will return within 3 months of the visitor visa.

As i am only there to spend time with family on a visit! Will this be ok or am i better to decide now when i want to return and just book a return now before entering?

I know ive applied off shore and my decision om my 461 has to be made while im offshore.

My concerns are i dont want to jeapordise anything as i literally am legit im only visiting Oz on thr 27th i will return to nz wait for my 461 approval then eny

Enter with my husband.

Any thoughts or advice ..thanks in advance

• 6 months later...
Hello anyone and everyone,

I am applying for this visa and was wondering if you could help me with some questions as well? :)

- Health Care: I am from the USA and I have lived in AUS on the WHV for the past year and are now in NZ for 3 months while I apply for this visa. Therefore I am from a low risk country and have been residing in a low risk country. DShould I submit x-rays and health care still? Is it safe to not attain or submit medical info/coverage?

- De facto proof: I have been with my kiwi partner for 17 months, we have pictures, insurance in our names, plane tickets, and letters from our parents and friends. Should we get those notarized?

-I am currently married, but separated, do I need to provide separation proof?

any tips and help is greatly welcomed and appreciated!

Everyone sort of just ignored you! :-P How did you end up going? I'm currently in the same-(ish) situation as you were. (I'm the NZer) My girlfriend and I have been together for a year and are wondering what sort of proof will do in terms of proving our defacto relationship (we've done long-distance about half the relationship, with me travelling over to Canada in order to see her for a month). She's currently married but seperated and we're wondering how that'll effect the decision. So anywho, would be interested to hear how you went with your application.

Everyone sort of just ignored you! :-P How did you end up going? I'm currently in the same-(ish) situation as you were. (I'm the NZer) My girlfriend and I have been together for a year and are wondering what sort of proof will do in terms of proving our defacto relationship (we've done long-distance about half the relationship, with me travelling over to Canada in order to see her for a month). She's currently married but seperated and we're wondering how that'll effect the decision. So anywho, would be interested to hear how you went with your application.

In order to demonstrate a de-facto relationship you will need to prove you have lived together effectively as a married couple for more than 12 months.

So your long distance relationship won't make the cut I'm afraid.

BB

http://migrationalliance.com.au/immigration-daily-news/entry/2015-06-essential-reading-about-partner-visa-applications-based-on-a-de-facto-relationship.html

This article might be worth a read. It discusses a recent decision in a partner visa case, but might also be applied here.

Consider taking professional advice before progressing an application though; DIBP visa application charges aren't cheap these days, and you may need to be prepared to "go all the way" with an application if it is refused at first instance.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

Hii!

Im from sweden and my De facto is from new zealand

Ive been told all diffrent prices of this 461 visa. On the website it says the price starts from 340 dollar or something around there

and i just have a few quetions for thos ho got their visa granted

If you applied by yourselfs - how much did it all cost you and how long did it take for your visa to get granted?

If you did it true an agent - how much did it cost you and how long did it take until you got it granted?

Hii!

Im from sweden and my De facto is from new zealand

Ive been told all diffrent prices of this 461 visa. On the website it says the price starts from 340 dollar or something around there

and i just have a few quetions for thos ho got their visa granted

If you applied by yourselfs - how much did it all cost you and how long did it take for your visa to get granted?

If you did it true an agent - how much did it cost you and how long did it take until you got it granted?

There is no point in using an agent for a 461. It took 3 weeks to grant the visa from application doing it myself. Collating the de facto evidence takes longer. You must be able to prove you have lived together as a married couple for more than 1 year.

BB

• 4 weeks later...
There is no point in using an agent for a 461. It took 3 weeks to grant the visa from application doing it myself. Collating the de facto evidence takes longer. You must be able to prove you have lived together as a married couple for more than 1 year.

BB

Hi BB I hope you don't mind asking you a question...

I'm a kiwi living in the UK and my partner and I plan to move to Oz. Shes British so we're going 461 route and was just wondering do I have to fill in the form 80 for myself as well as her filling in hers? Reason I ask is because it involves all the police checks etc etc. I'm guessing it's just one for the applicant (her) and not me. Would that be right? Would appreciate help from anybody if they know about this..

Regards

Mark

Hi BB I hope you don't mind asking you a question...

I'm a kiwi living in the UK and my partner and I plan to move to Oz. Shes British so we're going 461 route and was just wondering do I have to fill in the form 80 for myself as well as her filling in hers? Reason I ask is because it involves all the police checks etc etc. I'm guessing it's just one for the applicant (her) and not me. Would that be right? Would appreciate help from anybody if they know about this..

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark, no you do not need to fill in form 80 as you get a TR444 visa on arrival in Australia (assuming you are not a former serious criminal or anything). Your partners form 80 will ask for every trip she has ever made overseas. Take this with a pinch of salt. Most British people have been overseas loads of times including day trips to France etc. Don't stress if you can't list all of these exactly. Mine was full of question marks.

Incidentally, as a New Zealander living in Australia you will be in a grey area for many things. Some things will count you as a permanent resident, some will not. Even government departments won't understand this much of the time. So hopefully you plan to apply for permanent residency at some point to make everything easier and more straightforward.

BB