banks in tasmania, well hobart

Guest matthemason

Guest matthemason

Which bank do you use, I was looking at west pac but really i just want a good'un

thanks this is my 1st post so any info will help

What is the definition of a "good" bank? :unsure:

I'm not sure where you are at the moment. If in the UK the National Australia Bank (NAB) seems to make it easy to open an account there, from comments I've read.

The "big 4" - Commonwealth, ANZ, Westpac and NAB - have branches throughout cities and suburbs.

You can compare specific bank products here:

http://www.infochoice.com.au/

Which bank do you use, I was looking at west pac but really i just want a good'un

thanks this is my 1st post so any info will help

Hi, we managed to open a westpac quite easily on line from the UK. I am sure their rules and regulations are all quite similar. If you open a westpac account, you have to turn up in a branch, (any brach apparently) with your passport as proof of ID, within 12 months of opening the account. It all seems quite easy. You are best to use a comparison site tho, depends what you want your account for.

Aly

I went to Expo-Australia in Leeds a few years back and signed up for an account with the Commonwealth Bank there and then. I shifted money across from the UK and everything was ready and waiting for me at this end. Now, I'm not saying the Commonwealth Bank is the best of the Aussie banks (I haven't tried any of the others) I'm just saying that I don't have any complaints with them.

Guest matthemason

Thanks everone I'm no farther with the bank account, but i have now got a job doing stone masonry which the wife(cass73) is very happy with. We are coming over in june and looking forward to two winters this year yippie. thanks again.

Thanks everone I'm no farther with the bank account, but i have now got a job doing stone masonry which the wife(cass73) is very happy with. We are coming over in june and looking forward to two winters this year yippie. thanks again.

Good to hear you're making the move, good luck with it all.

Chris x

Archived