Confused am I??

auss

Thank you all in advance for replying to my post.

Well,I am in so much confusion that nothing is running on my head.

I want to quit my job & tell them I am moving to Aus as I feel that my concentration is nowhere in my work.

However,cant take the risk unless we get a a job in Aus(OH is traveling to Aus in March for a job hunt.)He is taking leave from my his current employment(Bless his boss).People say that within 1 month it might not work out in getting a job.

So back to the confused state.Do we take the big risk of leaving everything here & moving there permanently or make sure OH travels first & get himself a job & then the family moves.

We have a kid to consider so don't know whether we can afford to take the risk..

I am sorry if I am being too boring but I really need help here...

Guest The Pom Queen

I know how you feel, we came over with 3 kids and 5 suitcases no jobs, but we did have some savings to keep us going. I will keep my fingers crossed for your OH in his job search, has he tried to line up any interviews before he goes?

I'd personally let the hubby go on a recce , it makes sense for him to go over on his own , got to interviews , hand out cv's approch agencies etc .

as he'll be on his own he wont feel as much pressure and tho he loves you all he wont have you and the little one to consider and look after while he needs to knuckle down and forociously job hunt !!

hold the fort in the uk , send him off to start the ball rolling .

just my opinion , very best of luck . lee

Me & the wife came over in December with 2 kids & no jobs.

Didn't do a reccie coz its not the same as living here, didn't apply for jobs from the UK because they won't look at you until your over here. I'd never even been to Australia & only done a little bit of research. Did have enough money to keep us going for a few months tho.

I'd lost my drive in the UK & just wanted a new challenge & a fresh start. Sold everything in the UK booked the flights, no what if's, no plan B, just a whole hearted determination to make it work in OZ. Could of rented the house out back home but I don't do things half hearted if your goin to chase your dreams go all out.

Ok this approach is not for everyone & I would consider myself to be cautious although it doesn't sound like it. But I believe you can't do somthing like trying to make a new life in another country with a we'll give it ago attitude. If you worried about all the possible things that could go wrong & all the risks & costs you'd probally never get on the plane.

Ok so were 8 weeks into the adventure & me & the wife are both working but don't think its easy to find work out here because its not. The jobs we have are not what we'd like but they'll pay the bills for now & we can carry on looking with the comfort of some dollars coming in...

Best of luck to your OH on the job hunt..... get on the plane & live the dream.................

Me & the wife came over in December with 2 kids & no jobs.

Didn't do a reccie coz its not the same as living here, didn't apply for jobs from the UK because they won't look at you until your over here. I'd never even been to Australia & only done a little bit of research. Did have enough money to keep us going for a few months tho.

I'd lost my drive in the UK & just wanted a new challenge & a fresh start. Sold everything in the UK booked the flights, no what if's, no plan B, just a whole hearted determination to make it work in OZ. Could of rented the house out back home but I don't do things half hearted if your goin to chase your dreams go all out.

Ok this approach is not for everyone & I would consider myself to be cautious although it doesn't sound like it. But I believe you can't do somthing like trying to make a new life in another country with a we'll give it ago attitude. If you worried about all the possible things that could go wrong & all the risks & costs you'd probally never get on the plane.

Ok so were 8 weeks into the adventure & me & the wife are both working but don't think its easy to find work out here because its not. The jobs we have are not what we'd like but they'll pay the bills for now & we can carry on looking with the comfort of some dollars coming in...

Best of luck to your OH on the job hunt..... get on the plane & live the dream.................

Hi Thank you for the advice.I know being double minded doesn't work.I am talking to OH to take the big risk & move out.We are thinking how much money would we need to carry in our pocket.We are an average family who doesn't spent much.Living within our means I can say :).

Initially for about a month, accommodation should not be a problem as my brother can have us with him( would not want to bother him so much though).

I would definitely want to start my new life as early as possible....

Can you take a career break and just go for it to see what happens? Try not to burn any bridges in the process you never know when you might want to re-cross them

Hi Thank you for the advice..

I would really want to take a break & concentrate on family for sometime... but need the money to keep us going :)...Anyways,I think at some point of life you need to take that big risk in life.Maybe its all for good :)

I'd personally let the hubby go on a recce , it makes sense for him to go over on his own , got to interviews , hand out cv's approch agencies etc .

as he'll be on his own he wont feel as much pressure and tho he loves you all he wont have you and the little one to consider and look after while he needs to knuckle down and forociously job hunt !!

hold the fort in the uk , send him off to start the ball rolling .

just my opinion , very best of luck . lee

Hi Lee

Thank you for the advice...Its just that patience is running out of me :)...have been dreaming of this since 4 years or so...& now when the time has come I am getting panicked...

Archived