Skills Assesment Submitted - 175 VISA - NSW

daveg1980

Hi,

There was a delay in the migration officer submitting my ACS skills assesment.

I have my IELTS a week on saturday, so no pressure there then!

I am a bit down, and I should be able to lodge the visa applicaton before 1st July 2012, but I was hoping to be out there then. I am now starting to realise this won't be the case.

I am worried the job market will not be as good come September/October.

How did others find the 176 process for the NSW state?

Bit down about it now, and the ielts becomes even more important!

Thanks,

Dave

:arghh:

Daveg- Buddy you will nail it, degree educated and english as your first language you will not have a problem. I sat the test today. I messed up on the listening as i lost concentration halfway through, should get 7 though, problem is i need 8's. Nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi,

There was a delay in the migration officer submitting my ACS skills assesment.

I have my IELTS a week on saturday, so no pressure there then!

I am a bit down, and I should be able to lodge the visa applicaton before 1st July 2012, but I was hoping to be out there then. I am now starting to realise this won't be the case.

I am worried the job market will not be as good come September/October.

How did others find the 175 process for the NSW state?

Bit down about it now, and the ielts becomes even more important!

Thanks,

Dave

:arghh:

Hi Dave,

I know you might know this but hopefully it might stop some worries other people and maybe you have about these 2012 changes.

My husband and I have appointed Ian Harrop to deal with out visa when the changes come in. To be honest I dont think it makes that much difference. Although they could not tell us a lot they did explain that it is to make it easier for DIAC to process the applications and filter out applications that are unnecessary. They were not able to tell us if it would speed up or slow down the application. There is a ceiling for applications for each occupation as they only want to take a certain amount of occupations each year in response to current need. So instead of accepting so many thousand hairdressers and a couple of hundred nurses it evens it out proportionally to the demand.

To apply you need to be under 50 and have 65 points and your occupation needs to be on the SOL.

This might be useful. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

NZ works on the same basis and PR visas for NZ fly through (we were going to go to NZ so thats how we know).

I wouldnt worry at all

Know what you mean about that awful test though I have to get 8's now arrrghh xx

Daveg- Buddy you will nail it, degree educated and english as your first language you will not have a problem. I sat the test today. I messed up on the listening as i lost concentration halfway through, should get 7 though, problem is i need 8's. Nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Greggers68 you'll have to let me know how that test was. Is it a nightmare? X

Hi there,

7's! English is my first language and I am degree educated. But the reading test can be a bit tricky I hear!

Thanks,

Dave

I'm in the same boat exactly. I need to score 7. English is my first language, had higher education. I think there's a technique to it, I'm waiting for my skills assessment before I even begin to practice!

Listen guys, if your are degree educated and you have the ability to concentrate you really should gain 7's and a 9 for speaking. The test was ok and to be honest if i only had to get 7's i really do think i would have it nailed, by the way i left school with nothing, however, i require 8's so i may just miss out as i messed up on the listening and my writing is not the best, especially as my handwriting is like a 5 year olds, no ofence to 5 year olds. LOL!

Guys i am sure you will all be fine, easy to say hard to do, don't worry about it.

I'm in the same boat exactly. I need to score 7. English is my first language, had higher education. I think there's a technique to it, I'm waiting for my skills assessment before I even begin to practice!

A little pointer, the waiting time for test seems to be increasing due to more people trying to emmigrate, both here and abroad. It may be a good idea to check the waiting times at your local centre.

Hi Laura,

I guess it was more I had a month in mind I was hoping to get out for, and now that might be pushing it a bit.

Are you guys in NZ now? Hows your application going?

I think I will be ok to defo apply before the 1st July, but doesn't sound like it would effect me that much?

How are you?

xx

Hi Dave,

I know you might know this but hopefully it might stop some worries other people and maybe you have about these 2012 changes.

My husband and I have appointed Ian Harrop to deal with out visa when the changes come in. To be honest I dont think it makes that much difference. Although they could not tell us a lot they did explain that it is to make it easier for DIAC to process the applications and filter out applications that are unnecessary. They were not able to tell us if it would speed up or slow down the application. There is a ceiling for applications for each occupation as they only want to take a certain amount of occupations each year in response to current need. So instead of accepting so many thousand hairdressers and a couple of hundred nurses it evens it out proportionally to the demand.

To apply you need to be under 50 and have 65 points and your occupation needs to be on the SOL.

This might be useful. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

NZ works on the same basis and PR visas for NZ fly through (we were going to go to NZ so thats how we know).

I wouldnt worry at all

Know what you mean about that awful test though I have to get 8's now arrrghh xx

Hi Laura,

I guess it was more I had a month in mind I was hoping to get out for, and now that might be pushing it a bit.

Are you guys in NZ now? Hows your application going?

I think I will be ok to defo apply before the 1st July, but doesn't sound like it would effect me that much?

How are you?

xx

Hey Daveg,

Ha i know how that feels, we also want to go tomorrow :) sadly that's not going to happen.

No we seriously considered it but I found a job in Australia and secretly it's always been Australia. I fell in love in 2005 and then all over again in 2007 which is what spurred me on to do my degree.

I can't apply until the 2012 changes as I was waiting for a years work experience (in line with the old system) but now I can apply in July which is exciting!!

What do you do for a job? Where in Australia are you hoping to move to?

Its all so exciting isn't it, but i must say, i have NEVER been so anxious in my life about the whole process.

xx

Listen guys, if your are degree educated and you have the ability to concentrate you really should gain 7's and a 9 for speaking. The test was ok and to be honest if i only had to get 7's i really do think i would have it nailed, by the way i left school with nothing, however, i require 8's so i may just miss out as i messed up on the listening and my writing is not the best, especially as my handwriting is like a 5 year olds, no ofence to 5 year olds. LOL!

Guys i am sure you will all be fine, easy to say hard to do, don't worry about it.

Thanks Greggers this has made me feel much better :) now to crack on with the revision xx

Thanks Greggers this has made me feel much better :) not to crack on with the revision xx
I would advice you to carry out some practice tests as you need to understand the format of the test, this will ensure there are no surprises on the day. Good Luck Laura and Daveg, I am sure you will nail it.

Hi Laura,

I work as an IT contractor, so hopefully plenty of work in Australia for me! I am hoping to go to Sydney, but it really depends what happens with the skills assessment, as I am going under a sponsored visa. How about yourself?

I know what you mean, i am both anxious, excited and impatient! I will be glad when the ielts test is out the way, how has your practice went?

xx

Hey Daveg,

Ha i know how that feels, we also want to go tomorrow :) sadly that's not going to happen.

No we seriously considered it but I found a job in Australia and secretly it's always been Australia. I fell in love in 2005 and then all over again in 2007 which is what spurred me on to do my degree.

I can't apply until the 2012 changes as I was waiting for a years work experience (in line with the old system) but now I can apply in July which is exciting!!

What do you do for a job? Where in Australia are you hoping to move to?

Its all so exciting isn't it, but i must say, i have NEVER been so anxious in my life about the whole process.

xx

Thanks Greg, I have done around 10 reading tests, and a bit sick of them now!

I am moving on to the writing tests, like you say understanding the format seems to be the key!

When do you get your results?

I would advice you to carry out some practice tests as you need to understand the format of the test, this will ensure there are no surprises on the day. Good Luck Laura and Daveg, I am sure you will nail it.

Hi Laura,

I work as an IT contractor, so hopefully plenty of work in Australia for me! I am hoping to go to Sydney, but it really depends what happens with the skills assessment, as I am going under a sponsored visa. How about yourself?

I know what you mean, i am both anxious, excited and impatient! I will be glad when the ielts test is out the way, how has your practice went?

xx

Aw I LOVE Sydney!! We are going under the 175 skilled migrant visa and are Brisbane bound! I am SO anxious but like you, completely impatient too :)

Ah the bloody IELTS practice. Well its going OK I am hitting 35/40 in the tests so hopefully by the 25th Feb (my exam date) I will have it mastered. Its really the writing i am worried about. I wonder what will happen if i offer one of the examiners £100 haha xx

I am moving on to the writing tests, like you say understanding the format seems to be the key!

A really nice lady on here told me about online tutorials for writing. She said that if you go onto you tube they have some really useful techniques, so it might be worth a look? xx

I am expecting my results around the 23/02/12, the problem is i fly to the French Apls that day for a week so may have to wait another week before i can pick them up. Gutted!

Guest tthorley1979

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 175 visa to come through? I am hoping to get my visa application sent off before July but i'm not sure whether to go for the 175 or the 457 (temp visa for 4 years). I've heard it can be as long as 18m-2years, is this true? I'm not sure i can wait that long to move there!

I have my ielts test 31st March and i am waiting for my skills assessment to come back.

Tracy

Hi Tracy, i'm trying to find out the same thing.

IELTS Also 31st March in Manchester

I'm concerned about the change in July and people saying that if you're occupation is taken off you're VISA goes in to a never ending pile...

Hi Dave, just being nosey, which visa are you going for? I read 175 but then you said you were sponsored... We are thinking maybe 176 would be a safer bet, but can only find NT sponsoring IT. I don't think my lot could cope with the weather up there. Struggling to find the current SOL for SA..

Thanks

Talie

Archived