IELTS backlog

kimsdu

Hey guys i have booked my OH in for his General Ielts first available we could get was May 26th PLYMOUTH.. I called them today to confirm he was registered as i have not had a letter and the lady said sooo many people are trying to emigrate this year that they are totally backed up!!!! So unless your prepared to travel some distance this may be the case all over the country.

Any one else had to wait this long?

I only waited about 3 weeks for mine, in December in Oxford, and thought that was a long time. The places with lots of colleges which attract foreign students (Oxford, Bath, London) are geared up for far more tests I think - Oxford and Bath do several sittings a month (4 or 5), and the one I went to had something like 200 people in.....

We are in Newquay so closest one to us is plymouth, they have plenty of acedemic tests each month but only a few general ones. the lady on the phone did say they were backed up on General due to people migrating and they have had triple the applications than last year!! We could have gone to Exeter or Torquay as well to take it but would have been late April ...Still a while..

It seems to be the same all over Europe. We did both of our tests in Spain. First in Malaga and second in Barcelona. Both times took the last space available, so was very lucky. Next available dates if we failed the second time were in March in Marbella. From speaking to the examiner on the last test day, only one other person was also emigrating to Oz. There are a lot of people trying to get out of the Eurozone at the moment.

Archived