176 Lodged February

vinny1275

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well.....It's finally in! Application lodged and first batch of documents uploaded. Filling in forms for Police checks at the moment, but getting there! :)

Anyone else?

We're hoping to lodge this month too. Already done our police checks (got them back in a week!) and filled out the form 80's and sent to our agent.

Just waiting for TRA to hopefully approve my wife's assessment then we can get things moving!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dmcevilly

Submitted my 176 on 18th Feb. Uploaded all forms including Form 1100 and Police Check which I got done last month. Just the medical to attend this friday. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

We completed our application last night.... Leap Day appropriately. I notice many of you have already progressed your police checks so I better get my a**e in gear. We've both got passports that expire in less than 2 years so we've applied for those today - hopefully get them back and certified copies made before a CO is appointed.

One thing that I'm annoyed about - I selected the wrong month for my wife's date of birth but cannot go back to edit. I guess I just need to point this out to the CO ?

Good luck all !

Guest dmcevilly

Got the last of my medical stuff uploaded today. So when my CO is chosen he or she will have an easy job as everything is now loaded on. But looking back on previous threads thats not always a guarantee you'll be granted first!

Wow immig how fast have you been progressing with Skills and SS in less than a month! I'm impressed. Wish my occupation assessor and State Sponsorship were so quick!!

Hi there dmcevilly, I applied for a 176 in Jan and just wanted to say I booked for my medicals before the CO was allocated, infact I had my medicals completed on the day I heard from the CO,,,and he asked me to email some of the docs I had uploaded,,,proberly a problem with their system. When I did I also emailed my PCC, he then emailed me stating that I should have waited for him to ask me to have my medicals and PCC. I was a bit miffed to be honest and emailed back telling him that I had done this because the checklist I got after I submitted my application appeared to be asking me to.

Anyway I just thought this might be useful..am still waiting for visa at the moment. Hope all goes well for you.

Got the last of my medical stuff uploaded today. So when my CO is chosen he or she will have an easy job as everything is now loaded on. But looking back on previous threads thats not always a guarantee you'll be granted first!

Wow immig how fast have you been progressing with Skills and SS in less than a month! I'm impressed. Wish my occupation assessor and State Sponsorship were so quick!!

Actually what you see are the final results before that was 2 months of gathering docs +2 ielts exams and 3 and half months waiting for my ACS results.I am now very excited as this should be the final phase to get the visa.then starts planing planing and more planing for adventure downunder:biggrin:

Guest dmcevilly

Here goes to another week of checking DIAC visa status pages for a CO allocation! Good luck everyone!

Guest Australianinwaiting

We also got our CO today. We sent in the application on 29th January 2012 so the turn around time is amazing.

Just one quick question. If the CO only asked for medicals and police checks, does that mean they have everything else and are (reasonably) happy with it? Or, do they request medicals and then deal with the paperwork? That seems an odd way to do it, but you never know!

Guest vangogh

One thing that I'm annoyed about - I selected the wrong month for my wife's date of birth but cannot go back to edit. I guess I just need to point this out to the CO ?

Good luck all !

Richard, the CO is the least of your problems. I'd be more worried about the missus finding out.

Hi there,

We lodged our 176 app on 4th Feb, CO assigned 20th Feb, medicals done on 1st March (waiting for completion), and just waiting for PCCs to come back so we can upload them. We've find our CO very helpful and very very efficient.

This has definitely been the easiest part of the whole process. It's exactly a year since we started looking at emigrating to Australia, researching, gathering documents etc. Well worth all the work though!!

Best of luck to everyone, hope it all works out for all of us :biggrin:

Guest Kalinka

Hi guys,

We lodged our 176 appilcation on 21 Feb, still waiting to hear from a CO. Would you mind sharing what teams your COs are from? Just wondering if it's one team's joint effort on a Monday or random COs from different teams got your cases. Thanks.

Guest dmcevilly

Still no luck for me for a CO assignment....... Wow immig you submitted 2 days after me and you have your CO already!! Impressive!! I wonder if certain occupations or states get priority as they're never seems to be any logic to the processing of 176 visa apps.

Guest Kalinka
Still no luck for me for a CO assignment....... Wow immig you submitted 2 days after me and you have your CO already!! Impressive!! I wonder if certain occupations or states get priority as they're never seems to be any logic to the processing of 176 visa apps.

It could be because you already submitted your police checks and medicals, so they don't need anything further from you. You could go straight to visa grant!

Hi everyone. We have just requested sponsorship from WA today, and if all goes well applying for 176 next week (WA said their processing time was 1 week). I think we have all the documents. I have a couple of questions though. For the sponsorship are they fussy about what you write on the application form? I wasn't expecting to have to choose an area and say why as we are planning a 2 year working holiday moving around the state. I wasn't sure how much to write but think we are fairly clued up about Aus in general.

My other question is, my husband (who is the main applicant) has 2 degrees. We have lost his official degree certificate of his 2nd degree that his current nursing career is linked to, however have other official proof and the certificate from his 1st degree. Should we be trying to get another copy? Its just extra money I'd rather not spend, immigration stuff is $$$$. His skills assessing authority which has come back positive, did not require copies of the degree and in their letter of determination they state that he has a nursing degree. What do you reckon?

As kalinka said you might have a co but did not contact you as he do not need extra information.i think you will get your direct grant sooon.

Guest dmcevilly

Well just had my email from CO. They're happy with all docs so far but now require proof of employment. Thought that was all done by the skills assessment people........ Just uploaded them now. Has anyone else had to do the same? If so were they picky as I'm only able to go back and provide 6 out of the 9 years experience due to data protections laws..... Have sent an email to CO to explain. Fingers crossed

Guest Kalinka

Got an e-mail from the CO today! Phew! At last things are moving. Medicals, police checks and the dreaded Form 80 requested. Onwards and upwards!

Just a quick question: am I right in thinking that we need to fill out Form 80 for everybody included on the visa application who is over 18, ie for both me and my husband, or is it only requried for me?

Guest dmcevilly

Good News I've only been granted a Visa!!! Yayyyy! Whoop Whoop!!! 2 1/2 week turnaround cant believe it! Certainly uploaded all the meds and police checks first was a winner for me!

Archived