Return resident's visa

stephensteve

Hi Guys, I wonder if any knows anything about a return res. visa ???

We are perm res. but not citizens, we are heading back to England soon and wonder if it is worth telling the imm.dept. that we may want to come back here in few years time, who knows what the future holds ???

Would we be wise in sorting this out before we go to U.K. in April.?? your thoughts please, ta,

Guest Guest31881

How long do you call a few years? your PR visa gives you the right to live in Australia after it expires providing your are already in Australia. and if you wish to leave after that date you need to obtain an RRV to travel in and out of Australia. If you are outside Australia when your PR visa expires you will then have to show a compelling link to Australia to obtain an RRV. not easily done.

Do it if your PR runs out while you would be oversea!

You get a paper RRV online within 24 hours of doing it on the net, valid for 5 years!

If you go into the immigration they will do it for you that day $300 each person and it will be installed into your passport:smile:

Hope this helps...

our RRV, expire July, how soon can we renew, do we have to wait for them to expire. problem is my dad,s health is slowly deteriorating

abestosis ( my worst niightmare on being here ) and I need to be ready to visit sometime. Its not serious at the moment but I like to have things done and be prepared

our RRV, expire July, how soon can we renew, do we have to wait for them to expire. problem is my dad,s health is slowly deteriorating

abestosis ( my worst niightmare on being here ) and I need to be ready to visit sometime. Its not serious at the moment but I like to have things done and be prepared

You can get one anytime you require, the 5 year RRV will start for that day

Hey cool - by the time I leave I will have been here two and a half years, I was anticipating only having another two and a half of window open just in case I decided to give it another go. Unlikely, but you never know ... So if I apply for a five year RRV just before I leave, I can extend that? That would be a good thing, it's nice to have options.

Archived