General moan about Australian red tape...

jennlx

Sick of it!!!! I have a newborn and have spent all week trying to get a photo which is good enough for Australian passport- eyes open and facing the camera with mouth closed. Have these people ever had a newborn?????? Good grief!! :arghh:

Guest AKA63029
Sick of it!!!! I have a newborn and have spent all week trying to get a photo which is good enough for Australian passport- eyes open and facing the camera with mouth closed. Have these people ever had a newborn?????? Good grief!! :arghh:

Hi Jennix.

It can be annoying, but we used 'Selotape/super glue and a clown to get the correct 'look'.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

Would you believe it's easier to get a newborn to do it than a two year old who hates cameras? :biglaugh: We are trying a different photographer this weekend as we're too embarrassed to go back to the first one.

Nats

They are sligtly more flexible with newborns, we managed to get an Aussie passport for our six week year old (back at the beginning of 2011) - she was not looking at the camera and her mouth was not closed - but it was accepted. We took loads of shots but this was the best we could do!

aww, this has got to be one of the most adorable posts on PIO!! :wubclub:

both my boys got their NZ passports as new borns, the 1st fella was a nightmare we tried to do it ourselves and they sent it back. Brought him to a camera place and they lay him on a sheat on the floor and waved a toy and got him first time. Brought the other fella there and they got him first time aswell. The funniest was the form I had left the eye colour and height blank cause ya know they change daily at that age!!!!

I hear you, last time my oh renewed his it was a nightmare, he had the photos taken so many times and even they could not get the photo right.

both my boys got their NZ passports as new borns, the 1st fella was a nightmare we tried to do it ourselves and they sent it back. Brought him to a camera place and they lay him on a sheat on the floor and waved a toy and got him first time. Brought the other fella there and they got him first time aswell. The funniest was the form I had left the eye colour and height blank cause ya know they change daily at that age!!!!

That was the key the chemist told us. Put them on a sheet laying down, got our little girl by taking about 6 shots on sports mode when she was about a month old. Eyes wide open, looking at the camera with mouth closed. Just sent it to the chemist and they altered it to the correct size. Was accepted for bothe the Aus and UK passport

Archived