Statutory Declaration template please

family of five

Hi there are you doing this as you have children from previous???

What I did, is I got my ex husband to sign a letter confirming that he consents me taking my son to OZ on a 4yr visa with view to permanent residency & then I also found a form on the immigration website, form 1229. I got him to sign this too & get a copy of his passport. I had all forms witnessed & certified at a local solicitors. The link is below for the form.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1229.pdf

I was told by my solicitor & immigration that this will be enough. My solicitor has dealt with cases like this before & immigration were certain that both bits were enough. I'm yet to find out for sure when I submit our application hopefully beginning of feb!!!

Hope this helps

Hi,

Sorry did not explain myself very well. Yes I want to removed my child from a previous relationship from the UK. Someone here on POMS was going to give me a copy of the statutory declaration she had used but has just moved to Oz and not been on line for a while and I want to get mine sorted.

Zara283 I did not think of getting him to sign the DIAC form that seems like a good idea, hopefully that might be enough. I guess a letter is a bit like a statutory declaration, as long as it all the has all the relevant information inclued.

Thanks

Tina, Family of Five

Hi,

Sorry did not explain myself very well. Yes I want to removed my child from a previous relationship from the UK. Someone here on POMS was going to give me a copy of the statutory declaration she had used but has just moved to Oz and not been on line for a while and I want to get mine sorted.

Zara283 I did not think of getting him to sign the DIAC form that seems like a good idea, hopefully that might be enough. I guess a letter is a bit like a statutory declaration, as long as it all the has all the relevant information inclued.

Thanks

Tina, Family of Five

My solicitors drafted a letter for my ex to sign it basically said that he gave his consent for us to go to Australia on a 4yr visa with a view to residency & that he would assist with anything that needed to be done for our son to be move there. If you wouldlike a draft of what I had I can email it to you

Archived