Fancy meeting for a coffee in Melbourne?

Newfie fan

Just a heads up that dogs are not allowed on the beaches in Summer unless certain hours, certainly not in the day time. ww.bayside.vic.gov.au/brighton_beach_dog_off_leash_areas.htm\

• Off leash rules 1 November - 31 March: Dogs are prohibited between 10am and 7.30pm, and dogs are permitted off leash between 7.30pm and 10am.

• Off leash rules 1 April - 31 October: Dogs are permitted off leash at all times.

We always had to take our dogs to the beach before 9 am in summer.

Yhanks Petals, but Sandown beach is specifically a dog friendly beach and open all year around for dogs. It was great fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

My husband and I have been in Melbourne for 3 weeks. During that time we have found a house to rent and settled in well with our dog. My husband is working during the week and while I am starting looking for jobs am a little bored of being in the house alone all day. I've done lots of exploring (well maybe some) but wondered if anyone fancied meeting for a coffee if they live in the Kew area? It would be great to meet someone who has had the same experiences etc as me. Thanks Jackie :)

Hi Newfie, just wondering where in Bucks you are from and how your settling? Have you started work yet or still looking? Kathy

Hi Newfie, just wondering where in Bucks you are from and how your settling? Have you started work yet or still looking? Kathy

Hi Kathy, I'm from Aylesbury in Bucks. We are settling in well thanks and I am very thankful for this site as I have met a few really nice fellow "newbies" to OZ so we can compare experiences. I have started looking for a job but not in too much of a hurry. Seek is a good website to have a look at what's out there. Are you here Kathy or still in the UK?

Hi Kathy, I'm from Aylesbury in Bucks. We are settling in well thanks and I am very thankful for this site as I have met a few really nice fellow "newbies" to OZ so we can compare experiences. I have started looking for a job but not in too much of a hurry. Seek is a good website to have a look at what's out there. Are you here Kathy or still in the UK?

Well your not far from where we were, we were in Milton Keynes in a town called Wolverton, I have a niece in Aylesbury and a Sister in Dunstable near by. Yeah we are here we came in Oct we initially went to Brisbane but with the fact that we didnt overally like it there and my partner had a better offer we decided to move again and arrived in Melbourne on the 9th of Jan.

We really like it here and hopefully will now stayed packed for a while, I couldn't face it again....so quickly!!

We found a place on a twelvle month lease in Seaford, which is lovely and we are happy with the location especially as it will probably take the twelve months to find out what really suits us.

I go onto Seek a couple of times a week and apply for everythng I see that is suitable, so something should come up soon. yeah this is a good website and is a nice safety net to reach out and meet people in similar circumstances, we dont have small children which is usually a great opener for meeting people so its harder. Where in Melbourne did you move to?

Well your not far from where we were, we were in Milton Keynes in a town called Wolverton, I have a niece in Aylesbury and a Sister in Dunstable near by. Yeah we are here we came in Oct we initially went to Brisbane but with the fact that we didnt overally like it there and my partner had a better offer we decided to move again and arrived in Melbourne on the 9th of Jan.

We really like it here and hopefully will now stayed packed for a while, I couldn't face it again....so quickly!!

We found a place on a twelvle month lease in Seaford, which is lovely and we are happy with the location especially as it will probably take the twelve months to find out what really suits us.

I go onto Seek a couple of times a week and apply for everythng I see that is suitable, so something should come up soon. yeah this is a good website and is a nice safety net to reach out and meet people in similar circumstances, we dont have small children which is usually a great opener for meeting people so its harder. Where in Melbourne did you move to?

I know what you mean! We don't have children either so not so easy to meet people if you don't have them. We are really enjoying Melbourne however and are happy with the choice to move here. We have settled in Kew in Melbourne which is a lovely suburb and close to everything. Hubby works in the CBD so easy for him. If you fancy a get together for coffee give me a shout I am happy to meet you half way or in Melbourne.

I know what you mean! We don't have children either so not so easy to meet people if you don't have them. We are really enjoying Melbourne however and are happy with the choice to move here. We have settled in Kew in Melbourne which is a lovely suburb and close to everything. Hubby works in the CBD so easy for him. If you fancy a get together for coffee give me a shout I am happy to meet you half way or in Melbourne.

Yeah that would be really nice, it wont beable to be for the next couple of weeks as we have friends from the UK staying as from Monday. We will be taking them out and surprising ourselves as we are so new to the place we have hardly explored it ourselves yet! I will get back to you, Kath

Yeah that would be really nice, it wont beable to be for the next couple of weeks as we have friends from the UK staying as from Monday. We will be taking them out and surprising ourselves as we are so new to the place we have hardly explored it ourselves yet! I will get back to you, Kath

No problem Kathy. We have the same thing happening with family visiting in 6 weeks and will be doing our sightseeing then. Have fun exploring!

Guest loudu
Hi Jackie - I'm at home at the mo with my 2 year old while OH works. We've been here for 4 weeks now - feels like 5 minutes. We'd love to meet - we're in Sandringham though although we have a really good train line that takes us through Elwood Windsor etc to Flinders. Let me know - I've met some lovely people here so far. Michelle.

Hi Tibby,

I just seen these posts now about a meet up. Im actually in Sandringham too. We are Irish, we have been here over a year now.

How are you settling in? Did you's ever meet up for that coffee?

Louise.

Hi louise

Yes, Jackie and I met up a couple of weeks ago in the CBD for lunch and will meet up again I'm sure when we haven't got visitors etc. I'm not working at the mo, so if you fancy meeting up?

Michelle aka tibby

Archived