Whats involved in babies medical?

ack

Am just wondering what do they check in a babies medical exam.

We have a month old and just submitted our 176 visa applic last night :biggrin: so obviously the next step is on our minds...police clearance and medicals.

I see we have to have xray, bloods (yikes!!) but babies just say medical report.

Guest Spencer
Am just wondering what do they check in a babies medical exam.

We have a month old and just submitted our 176 visa applic last night :biggrin: so obviously the next step is on our minds...police clearance and medicals.

I see we have to have xray, bloods (yikes!!) but babies just say medical report.

Hi we have got our medicals this Friday, we have two little girls one is 4 years and the other is 5 weeks will let you know what is needed! We too are on a 176 visa hoping to get out to oz by september( we hope)

Will be in touch

Spencer.

Yeah that would be great :)

Did you have a look through that link I attached. My little guy is not turning over yet and it says babies should reach this milestone by 4months...! Its interesting to see what theyll be checking for!

Count backwards from 100 in units of 7........

Have you lodged your 176 Spencer?? Where you hoping to go to??

Hi, We had medicals in December including our 2 year old and 14 month old. All the doctor did was listen to their hearts and chest and just a very basic physical check. The little ones head was measured and he asked a few questions but i think they saw enough just from watching them play. There didn't seem to be a formal assessment of any milestones and especially with your very little babies they are all different anyway. Don't worry, it will be very simple!

Becky

Guest Spencer

Thanks bexy71 , good to know that info! How long after meds where done did you visa approve? Just trying to get some kind of idea!

Thanks

Spencer

Guest Spencer
Yeah that would be great :)

Did you have a look through that link I attached. My little guy is not turning over yet and it says babies should reach this milestone by 4months...! Its interesting to see what theyll be checking for!

Count backwards from 100 in units of 7........

Have you lodged your 176 Spencer?? Where you hoping to go to??

Hi yes we have lodged our 176 was done last march but then found out my wife was expecting so our visa was put on hold till the baby was born, that was 5 weeks ago so it's all systems go! Meds are our last stage we hope hoping to get out to oz by September before our little girls starts school, we are heading to WA Perth area, where are you heading?

Spencer.

Guest Spencer
Hi Spencer, Our 176 visa was granted 5 days after our medicals, and there was a weekend inbetween! The whole process moved a lot faster than i thought it would!!

Becky

omg 5 days! Now your talking, my luck it will take 5 months LOL!

When and where you heading? And what you hoping to do in oz?

Thanks

Spencer

When we had our medicals our daughter turned 1 the next day - she wasnt walking or crawling yet, and she still didnt have any teeth. The just took her weight - not very accuratly - (I stood on scales with both of us then just me and they subtracted the difference), took her length. The doctor just looked over her listened to her chest, that was really about it. I took her red book to show when she had her immunisations done.

Her medicals were refered - then finalised 2 days later - she had an operation on her had when she was 5 months old, so I suspect it had to do with that but she is fine now.

Guest Spencer

Hi just got back from having our meds at the bridge clinic ( they where fantastic)

Took just under two hours for the four of us, two xrays for me and the wife and a couple of photos of the kids ( 4 years & 5 weeks)

Then the meds , weight,blood pressure, eyes ,etc, then a chat with the doctor asked questions about us all then a full inspection! The kids just had a quick look over listen to chest,eyes,and hips etc, no probs

Now we wait for the visa!

Spencer

Archived