Young Irish couple new to Canberra

Anotherfinemess

Hi all, my wife Laura and I recently moved to Canberra. We've finally settled in after the initial madness of looking for an apartment and jobs. We were looking to meet other couples who have moved to Canberra. We are living in Kingston and Laura works in the city and I work in symonston. Wondering if there's many other young Irish or British people who've made a similar move?

Thanks!

Stephen and Laura

Aha! Sorry, thought that was what you wanted. Cant help with young people socializing I'm afraid. I always found Canberra hard to break into socially and most acquaintances were work or interest group based. We were never into pubbing and clubbing so no idea how social that scene is (I do know some people who go to the club trivia nights to expand their social network but not sure how effective that is LOL)

Guest MarkandBelinda

Hi Stephen and Laura,

We're not Irish (or young for that matter :laugh:).. But welcome to Canberra and PIO anyways!

Mark and Belinda

Hi all, my wife Laura and I recently moved to Canberra. We've finally settled in after the initial madness of looking for an apartment and jobs. We were looking to meet other couples who have moved to Canberra. We are living in Kingston and Laura works in the city and I work in symonston. Wondering if there's many other young Irish or British people who've made a similar move?

Thanks!

Hi

Stephen and Laura

Hi Stephen and Laura - welcome to PiO - where in Ireland are you from ? We are from Dublin and have been living in Canberra nearly 8 months. Let us know if you want to meet up over the next few days - we are heading back to Canberra first thing in the morning after spending a few days in Brissie :)

cheers

Suzanne

Hi Stephen and Laura - welcome to PiO - where in Ireland are you from ? We are from Dublin and have been living in Canberra nearly 8 months. Let us know if you want to meet up over the next few days - we are heading back to Canberra first thing in the morning after spending a few days in Brissie :)

cheers

Suzanne

Hey Suzanne,

We are from Dublin aswell (North County Dublin - Practically Meath!). Yeah that sound good. Were heading to Sydney at the weekend but maybe after that we could meet?

Thanks for the reply!

Stephen

Hey Suzanne,

We are from Dublin aswell (North County Dublin - Practically Meath!). Yeah that sound good. Were heading to Sydney at the weekend but maybe after that we could meet?

Thanks for the reply!

Stephen

Grand just drop us a PM when you fancy it :)

Archived