Advice on South of Brisbane..please

gincom11

Hi,

My OH has been offered 2 jobs in Acacia Ridge area. We are currently in the Gold Coast and love Pacific Pines. Wondering is there any similar area's like this close to Acacia Ridge. Looking for an area with schools, restaurants, community spirit, parks playgrounds, shops etc and modern houses...Am I asking for too much :unsure: I have been on the internet all morning but going around in circles :arghh:. I have 2 young children and 1 teenager so trying to accommodate everyone...any advice is appreciated..thanks Gina.

Have you looked at Forest Lakes? Its within a reasonable commuting time and similar to Pac Pines, have a good look around it as there is a newer side thats supposed to be a bit better than the old bits.

A bit further afield but still an easy commute to A/R is Flagstone Estate, smaller than Pac Pines but offers everything you listed, we have lived here for 5 years and the schools are good and its a nice family area.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest GeorgeD

I think there are quite a few ex-pats live out that way. As an alternative, a similar distance away is the likes of Mount Gravatt...an older suburb, but probably with better public transport links to the city. You'll also be heading across traffic rather than in and out of the city in rush hour.

I know a couple of who used to live in Springfield lakes and they said that once the Sun went down or the playgroup ended, their social life pretty much stopped, there wasn't an awful lot to do outside of those social experiences.

I know some people who live in Algester and think it's a quiet family area too. There are a few options around.

Acacia Ridge itself is quite an industrial centre, lots of warehousing and distribution centres are out that way, so there aren't that many residential areas in the immediate vicinity. Don't rule out staying closer to the city...if you are commuting in rush hour you will be heading in the opposite direction to the majority of the traffic heading in to the city!

Archived