Shipping from Ireland

Guest sunnydays4

I used An Post to send down emergency stuff while waiting for our shipping - box was sitting in my friends house waiting for us as we arrived. Brilliant! What the guy in the post office told me was make sure the girth of the box (waist?) was no bigger than 3m! Just make sure that it is under 20kgs too, as it can be turned back if it is heavier.

For anyone wanting trials and tribulations of shipping company pm me......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
I know this is an old post but any feedback on your shipper? I've had Nat Ross and Careline quote €5000 for a 20ft sole use container anyone else got a better quite recently?

We used Crown Relocations in 2012; don't think I'd use them again. Communication was appalling and our stuff arrived at the very end of the timeframe they gave us. If you don't have furniture or bulky items I'd seriously consider An Post. We shipped six boxes out as an interim measure and they arrived in about a fortnight. In hindsight I'd have used An Post if I'd known it was so reasonable (we used it for shipping pots, pans, duvets etc).

I know this is an old post but any feedback on your shipper? I've had Nat Ross and Careline quote €5000 for a 20ft sole use container anyone else got a better quite recently?

We used NR and had a terrible time. We paid for sole use of a 20ft but on moving day they turned up with a truck. Said that due to a shortage of 20ft containers that our stuff would be repacked in the depot. We had long delays, well outside the timeframe quoted. After a lot of investigation the shipping agent in Sydney told us that the consignment was in a shared 40ft container. Looks like the delay was our stuff sitting in a 40ft in Cork, waiting on another consignment to full the rest of the container... even though we had paid for a sole use! Lots of phone calls, lots of arguements and no satisfaction. Nasty experience.

• 7 years later...

Hi, I know this post is really old, but has anyone got any recent quotes for a container from Ireland to Perth? I know shipping has gone expensive, but i just got a quote for a 20ft got €7k! Thought this was quite expensive. If anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

On 20/08/2022 at 22:21, jo.b said:

Hi - we just got a quote from PSS for part of a container (about 3/4) for £6000! Double what I'd budgeted for, so also looking for other options...

England to Brisbane.

we have used PSS before in 2018 , we just moved again got them to quote and they seem to be on the more expensive end .

this time we shipped 600 cubic feet. for under £4500 door-to-door  England to WA  with John Mason , our stuff was packed and picked up  in early May , left UK first week in July , arrived 2 week in August and we will get it delivered on Monday. All cost were spot on and did not go up half way through the journey , like other horror stories you read on here. in fact we didn't have to pay until after  our goods were packed and taken away.  All round a good experience , ask me again on Monday  ;-} 

Edited by RandL

• 2 weeks later...