Wedding Industry in Oz????

lillystar26

Hi

This is only my 2nd post so not sure if this is in the right place. :err:

We are hoping to move to oz (probably on a 457) I would like to get into the wedding industry and wondered if anyone knew much about it...i.e if there is a need for wedding shops/wedding planners.

Many thanks in advance

Vix

I did a quick google for wedding planners melbourne and it came up with this:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ng+planner+melbourne&rls=com.microsoft:en-au&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7GGHP_enAU442&redir_esc=&ei=7xMVT5LNEO6jiAeu04VD#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au&rlz=1I7GGHP_enAU442&sa=X&ei=9RMVT4XQBoK1iQej5MFD&ved=0CCYQvwUoAQ&q=wedding+planner+melbourne&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=f87e263762c49db9&biw=1192&bih=514

I work in the cut flower industry, and we supply florists & wholesalers all over Australia, and weddings are very big business (we also rent out our unit regularly for wedding guests as the dandenongs is a popular spot for weddings & receptions) but it is a business that is strongly driven by recommendations, years of experience & word of mouth.

You might need to find work with a company already in the industry to get an idea of how things work over here (very different from the UK) before venturing into the industry yourself.

Thanks for that info. We are looking to go to perth so I guess I should probably research there. I was thinking of settling in and researching for a couple of yrs before I do anything as I have 3 young children, 4, 2 & 1. Working with a company is a very good idea to see how it works over there etc...

Thanks for that info. We are looking to go to perth so I guess I should probably research there. I was thinking of settling in and researching for a couple of yrs before I do anything as I have 3 young children, 4, 2 & 1. Working with a company is a very good idea to see how it works over there etc...

I deal with all the main wholesalers in Perth, so if you want any contact details feel free to PM and I can put you in touch with them no problem. Perth has some MASSIVE weddings/functions.

$25,000 dollars on just flowers for a society wedding/function is quite common.

Well I'm obviously the exception - we didn't spend anywhere near that much!!

bloody tightarses. :wink:

Personally I think its crazy, but here putting on a big show for the family & friends seems to be very important.

Not quite wedding planning, but I know of an instance where a number of chinese dignataries were visiting WA for a mining deal, and over $25,000 was spent on marquees, food, flowers, etc etc but due to flight delays they spent 45 minutes at the function and then had to leave for the next appointment.

:confused:

Wow that's a lot of money on a wedding. And ours wasnt cheap in the UK. My plan is to open a bridal shop selling everything from dresses to menswear, shoes, etc... Good to know there is a market for it. As its my dream to have my own bridal shop thank u all for your help

I deal with all the main wholesalers in Perth, so if you want any contact details feel free to PM and I can put you in touch with them no problem. Perth has some MASSIVE weddings/functions.

$25,000 dollars on just flowers for a society wedding/function is quite common.

Thankyou so much. That's very kind. Once I find out that we can definately go I will get in touch. Wow feeling quite excited now at the thought I can still do there what I planned on doing here. :)

Archived