Companies?

Tulip

I'm wondering who's best and who to use. Jets4Pets have given me a good quote and been really really helpful, but who are the other companies people have used and their experiences with them?

My bitch is quite little and has been quoted £995 or something for a silver package, which is fine, but I'd still like to hear what people have been quoted if that's ok. Maisy is a Miniature Schnauzer, will be 3 years old, 13 inches tall, 6.5kg in weight.

408028_10150425974495950_677875949_8978002_384068285_n.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Tulip they are gorgeous, have you asked Bob for a price, he may not be the cheapest but I would trust him with my life.

Hiya. Thanks, completely the light of my life!

I haven't spoken to Bob but PetAir were the ones who gave me the above quote, Jets4Pets was a bit more expensive but very helpful so I'm not sure. Would love to hear which companies were used by others and what they thought of them, and value for money (As crude as it sounds!). xx

Hi tulip....

The dogs are lovely :-)) what was your total quote? i have been quoted 3,200 and 3,500 euro for shipping both our dogs from ireland. Our biggest, the yorkie only weighs 5kg so def working out more expensive from ireland :-((

in our case i am going to go with who i think you feel most comfortable with :-))

good luck deciding xxxx

Hi tulip....

The dogs are lovely :-)) what was your total quote? i have been quoted 3,200 and 3,500 euro for shipping both our dogs from ireland. Our biggest, the yorkie only weighs 5kg so def working out more expensive from ireland :-((

in our case i am going to go with who i think you feel most comfortable with :-))

good luck deciding xxxx

We have been quoted 3,009 pounds to ship our two from the Spain to the UK and then onto OZ. PM me if you want details, so far they have been really good, they have dropped off the crates today for them to get used to, wee also met with the lady yesterday here in Spain who is going to be looking after them for a few nights whilst I attend to the removals, I can´t risk then running off. This also means that I can get to the UK before them and collect them the day they arrive rather than kennelling them, they will then collect them from the north west and then take to Manchester airport and onwards then to Heathrow and then onwards bounds for OZ. I am leaving a few days after them just to make sure they arrive OK.

I am dreading being without them, they are my furry little children ... my eldest dog is keeping away from the crate as he know´s what is coming, yet my little girl is in and out.

012 (1).jpg

012 (1).jpg

This was my email with the quote; I'm just taking the one dog so that's probably why it's much less than your quote Sunshine. TwoShoes, your bubs are sooo gorgeous!

We offer two levels of service, Silver and Gold. The difference between the two is that with the Gold service includes all you will need to prepare Maisy for travel to Australia, including vet fees, lab fees and paperwork fees, while with the Silver service we will provide as much backup as you need to ensure all is completed satisfactorily. We can offer any services between Silver and Gold services depending on your individual requirements. The only aspect that I am unable to quote for are the quarantine fees in Australia as these need to paid locally when you pick Maisy up after the 30 days. I have some attached some information for you about Sydney quarantine.

Breakdown of services, Gold and Silver both include:

• Airline ticket for Maisy with BA/Qantas from Heathrow
  • Airline surcharges (Handling / Security / War Insurance / Fuel / Airway Bill / Transit Fees)
  • Booking of quarantine space (30 days required) with Australian authorities (NB quarantine fees not included as payable in Australia)
  • Custom made PetAir UK, IATA approved, wooden travel containers with comfortable bedding and watering facility (please see notes below about the crates)
  • Meet at Heathrow airport visit on day of departure, completion of Part B of DEFRA paperwork
  • Official sealing of the travel container at the airport
  • Assisted check-in to make sure Maisy is comfortably and safely away

The all-inclusive Gold service also includes:

• Application for DEFRA export health certificates
  • Application for import licenses from Australian authorities
  • All veterinary fees (including sampling fees and lab test fees)
  • Lab fees for veterinary testing
  • Required Tick and Tapeworm treatments
  • Completion of Part A of the DEFRA paperwork including pre travel veterinary health examination
  • Collection from your home (NR postcode) and one night’s boarding at our kennels near Heathrow
  • Check-in to make sure Maisy is comfortably and safely away

We can provide the above services for a total cost of SILVER £945.02 & GOLD £1,875.03 (VAT not applicable as destination is outside EU). Please note we can offer certain parts of the Gold service and you can arrange other parts yourself, just tell us what you would like and we can put together an individual package to suit you and Maisy.

This is based on a crate measuring 56x36x46cm, from your measurements from your measurements of 43x9x14cm.

Further information/Notes:

• We also spray our crates with a pheromone called DAP (suckling bitches naturally release this pheromone to reassure their puppies) which should help Maisy feel it is a safe and secure environment.

• Check in for pets is four hours before departure and once sealed they have to remain in the crates but don’t worry, they are very well looked after. To put your mind at rest, we have never had a problem with any of the pets we have flown during flights to Australia.

· Veterinary Requirements (Dogs):

o Pets need a rabies vaccination within 12 months of the flight date and at least 60 days before the flight, (ideally 6-12 months before travel for min. 30 days quarantine).

o They then need a rabies blood sample at least 5 months before their flight date. It can be less than 5 months before their flight date, but they will have to spend longer in Australian quarantine if that is the case.

o Dogs travelling to Australia will need a vaccination against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenza within 12 months of the flight. Your dog will also require a kennel cough vaccine at least 14 days before travel.

o If you get the routine vaccinations done, then please DO NOT include the Leptospira part as this will make the sample come back positive.

o They too will need treatments and checks within 4 days of the flight and will also need blood samples taken within 30 days of the flight. These checks and blood samples will be planned and arranged by us if you choose the Gold service and by you if you choose the silver service.

• From February 01st 2012 – quarantine costs will have to be paid for when the quarantine is booked. We will still book quarantine for your pets to tie in with the flight date, but we will ask for you to put your credit card details on the booking form.

• Dogs travelling to Australia have to serve 30 days quarantine in Australia on landing in either; Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.

• We also offer a home collection and airport delivery service. This would be £275.00 based on pick up from your NR postcode. We will of course meet you at the airport (Heathrow) if you do not require this service.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any queries or concerns and I’d be happy to talk through the process with you. If you would like to go ahead with this quote, please let me know and I will arrange for our team to send you a client pack.

I think we'd go for the Silver package, as I can do vets fees and such myself and would rather do it that way. Maisy is crate trained already and loves it in there, so no problems there thankfully!

We used Jets4Pets for Satch and they were fab - but it was a hard call between them and Petair because they were also really helpful and great :)

Just make sure that the paperwork is correct - particularly if your dog(s) have been outside of the UK recently. I know Montyclaude had a huge problem using another company and I wouldn't want anyone else to encounter the same thing. (to be clear - she didn't use Petair or jets4pets)

We checked Satch in ourselves and it was fine - but to be honest, with the benefit of hindsight I think I'd have rather had someone else look after that bit. But it did mean we knew she only went into the crate at the last possible moment (mind you she still bloody well didn't do a poo while we were walking her around the freight building!!)

Cheers :)

I'm going for the Silver option, but I'm a litlte worried about this bit;

• Application for DEFRA export health certificates
  • Application for import licenses from Australian authorities
Not sure when I should be doing that bit! or how!

I'm glad to hear it Jo, I must admit that I'm really worried about the flight! How on earth did you cope?

Hi there,

we have got a quote from Passports for Pets http://www.passportforpets.co.uk/

They have quoted us £1,880.66 from London Heathrow to Sydney. We are moving our 2 king charles cavalier spaniels one at 8kg and one at 11kg.

377892_10150446417640906_666015905_8967550_868072313_n.jpg

The price includes:

• Airfreight
  • 2 x IATA Approved Kennels 1 @ “32 x 22 x 24 & 1 @ “32 x 18 x 20” inches (complete with water bowls and funnels)
  • Airline Handling
  • Aviation Security Fee
  • Fuel / War Surcharge
  • Airline AVI Check Fee
  • Vet Sealing

And then they offer the following extras:

In addition to the above we can also offer the following services, at the listed prices below:-

To obtain the Import Permit £320.00 (each subsequent pet £230.00)

This includes application for quarantine space

Export Health Requirements

Per Dog:

Full Export Health Certificate £260.00

25 Days boarding £387.50

Part Export Health Certificate £120.00

4 days boarding £62.00

However I do think i will continue to look and get quotes from several companies as I am not sure that their package is the best. x

CIMG5227.jpg

35833_406030580905_666015905_4946464_7557729_n.jpg

CIMG5227.jpg

377892_10150446417640906_666015905_8967550_868072313_n.jpg

35833_406030580905_666015905_4946464_7557729_n.jpg

Archived