Dropping in to say G'day!

Guest MarkandBelinda

Guest MarkandBelinda

Just joined Poms in Oz after being a looooonngg time lurker!

My family and I emigrated to ACT on a 176, arriving last September after a short visit first in Adelaide (to see the Pandas at the zoo, oh and my Sister!)

We've settled in quite well in Macgregor, but finding it a little bit lonely. So we decided to take the plunge and become members here, to see if we can find some new pals.

Belinda and I have 2 "grown-up" kids who came over with us and they are loving their new lives in Australia. Both have sorted out work and a bit of a social life, so we were getting jealous!

Anyways.... hope to meet up with some of you soon and if anyone is near us, pop in for a cuppa!

Cheers

Mark and Belinda

Hi Mark & Belinda, welcome to PIO. We arrived also on a 176 and have been here just over 3 months now. We are also in Macgregor (in the new bit).

We have 2 girls, both still very small so I am not working at the moment. My oh works from home.

Everyone we have met so far has been really lovely. Would be happy to meet up for a cuppa one day.

Ta

Claire

Guest mjnewlife

I too have just joined pomsinoz. We moved from the UK to North Canberra in Sep.

We found jobs immediately which was brilliant but left us with not much time to get out and about to meet new friends. The only people we seem to spend time with are those we work with. We love it here but definately need to beef up our social calender a tad. We have too girls 3 & 8 and would love to meet some new people in a similar position to us to maybe get together at parks with the children/bbq's etc.

Mel

Hi Mark & Belinda

We have just moved to Oz from Scotland and are in a similiar position to yourselves with 'grown up' kids already settled here.

We are due to move to Canberra on 9th Feb and are looking to rent a place in Macgregor, so we would welcome any advice on

the best places to look and would love to meet for a cuppa when we arrive.

Thanks

Julie & Neil

Archived