Has anyone else been told this?

alcocainmel

When we brought out our furniture etc here, on arrival one of our TV's works but the colour has gone (when I say gone I mean....if the picture should be blue it is green and when it should be red it is purple but only in the corners of the TV screen).

We have been speaking with a TV repair man who has said that it is not the tubes that are broken but this is to do with the fact that the TV came from the Northern Hemisphere and we are now in the Southern Hemisphere and that we would not be able to claim this on our insurance!! :arghh:

Has anyone else had this problem or been told this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Deb xx

Guest theweekshousehold

Hi

I was talking to a English guy in an Electrical store and you are supposed to be able to use a digi box about $80.00 dollars something like home, apparently what he said is Oz is works on analogue and our TV are digi...so its gets converted and works.....

Or if you get foxtel that supposed to do it

Good Luck

Hi the same thing happened to us so we went and bought 2 new Tvs.....then our mates bought a top box for theres(ALDI $40) attached it and it worked!!!

Too late for us but might be worth a try.

Thanks Joetrac and Ali

I will try this and see if that works.

We got Foxtel etc for our TV we bought here before our furniture arrived so it not too much of a problem.

The boys use our TV from the UK in there playroom so at least we got one that works properly and they not bothered the colour on there TV is not 100%!!

Thanks to all for all your help!!

Deb xx

Archived