U.k loans when in oz

scarlet mia

Hi was just wondering if anybody could help we are thinking of keeping our u.k loan when we move to oz in August. Is it possible and easy enough to transfer money from oz to u.k bank account and is it legal do you have to inform the bank or does it not matter as long as they get their payment every month.

Thanks for any advise.

Karen x

Not an issue for a loan at all, and pretty easy to do, the only problem you may find is the payment/transfer fees paying a UK account from your ozzie account, as banking isn't as free in Oz as it is here. There are a couple of ways of minimising costs, but sure others can give more 100% accurate figures etc on that for you.

The bank don't care - as long as they get their money - where it comes from.

We are planning to do the same. If finances allow, we are hoping to leave 4-6 months advanced payments in the UK bank account. We then plan to put away the monthly payments in Oz and do a bank transfer once every few months to minimise the transfer fees. For instance, if I wanted to pay £20 or £200 into an Irish bank account from the UK, it costs me £25. If the Oz banks have a similiar policy, it would make sense to make one large payment every 6 months, rather than a monthly payment. I know NAB have an online International Transfer service but it doesn't list the fees for this service.

Guest Guest31881

For relatively small amounts Look into opening a PayPal Account linked to your UK bank account. It can work out cheaper paying money into your PayPal account and then just transferring it to your UK account.

if you can send one lump sum every few months look at the forex companies. bank transfer is expensive.

Archived