brickie in butler

gazza

hi all.

im a brickie in butler area, just arrived a week ago and have just applied for tax ref number, when it comes through ill be looking for work so is there anyone out there that needs another trowel or knows of anyone else looking for extra trowels, any help will be great.

thanx gazza

Hi Gazza have you found any work yet ,i am going to brissie in december and will be in your shoes looking for work so best of luck looking. Have you had to get any extra paper work to get other than your tax stuff to lay bricks out there.Did you take any tools with you and if not have you got them out there ok .

Thanks Phil

Guest FamFive

alright mate im a brickie hoping to land in the promise land of brissie in feb so i ll be in the same position as you, so if you once you settle or anyone else can pass on any info of any good companies it will be most grateful, leaving hartlepool for sunny brissie cant come quick enough after todays weather

• 2 months later...

hi phill

sorry about late reply, i started work before xmas, at the mo im doing commercial work and i am getting $286 a day (7-3 mon-thur, 7-2 fri) i will though start looking for work for myself on houses were you are on price ($800-$1000 per 1000) ive spoke to a few blokes who reckon their earning roughly $360-$400 a day (a hard day) the trouble is getting a start with a future partner, cos most adverts are advertising day work, some as low as $240 a day. as for tools, i bought 2 trowels, 2 levels and some pins, lines and tapes but didnt bring hammers etc but you can pick them up easily at bunnings, i was told that tools are dear here but a 4ft stabilla is $90, and from were i come from thats cheap. so thats that, get your blue card, your ABN, your tax ref number and away you go, i love it/

also here in perth you dont work if it gets above 37.5, and ive only ever been rained off once, and that was because it looked like it was going to rain, it turned out to be another glorious perth day.

if you need any other chat just ask

by for now

Hello Gazza.

New on here and was reading your thread,Im a Bricky and the family and I arrive in Perth on 3rd march and will be looking for work pretty much straight away. You say they're paying up to $1000 per 1000 on price which sounds vgood but is there much of that around and how hard is it to get on?? Sounds like my cup o tea.

We will initially be staying north of the river, then not sure. If you're still looking for someone to pair up with then give me a shout.

Cheers sy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom dyke

hi ya gazza, could you tell me what a ABN is ia about to do my blue card online and understand that i cant get my tax ref number till i get out there i just cant find any information on this ABN. i should be out in sydney in the next 4 weeks on my working visa i just want to try and get as much sorted before i go. cheers,Tom

Guest tony williamson

hi tom could you tell me which website you have gone on to do your blue card as Iwould like to do mine before I go over but still waiting for a case officer.Also could you tell me how long it lasts for as our cscs cards in uk last for 5 years?

Guest Tom dyke

hi ya tony, this is the web site i am using to get my blue card info@peachinstitute.com it cost me 70 dollars and once it is compleated they send it out to you. its really handy because you can do it online. not sure how long it last though somthing i probably should of asked, i will let you now tomorrow cos i am doing the test tonight mate. hope that helps.

Guest billy braveheart

Hi the blue card lasts for 3 years

some peeps are liable for a discount dont know the ins and outs of it coz the company i work with put me through it

Guest tony williamson

thanks tom will try that web-site hope you passed??also thanks to you billy may be worth me taking it on line before i get there if it last three years.bet the weather is nicer over in forrestfield than back hear in uk as it is forcasting high winds and also snow at weekend never mind hopfully soon get the magic ticket!!!

Guest Tom dyke

hello mate, done the test today its harder than ower one but you have the refrence book to help you through it. just as i finished it and i got an email saying my 12 month working visa has been excepted so im of down under in a week!! glad i was of some help to you. take it easy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jack n Andy
hi all.

im a brickie in butler area, just arrived a week ago and have just applied for tax ref number, when it comes through ill be looking for work so is there anyone out there that needs another trowel or knows of anyone else looking for extra trowels, any help will be great.

thanx gazza

Hi Gary,

Just wanted to say hi, glad you rang Andy gave him some info. Seems like you are well happy where you are. Looking forward to going to Oz next April fingers crossed!!

Speak soon.

Jacky n Andy

hi phill

so thats that, get your blue card, your ABN

The day work and the price work sound great. I am moving over to Brisbane on 2nd Sep and just wondered if you could tell me what an ABN is please,

This is my first thread without Mrs C helping me........:arghh:

Richard

hi phill

so thats that, get your blue card, your ABN

The day work and the price work sound great. I am moving over to Brisbane on 2nd Sep and just wondered if you could tell me what an ABN is please,

This is my first thread without Mrs C helping me........:arghh:

Richard

Guest billy braveheart

An ABN is ,australian business number(self employed)

most places work on a self employed basis and you wont get near a site without the blue card either

Archived