Queensland Health...

nursealli

Hi, have been searching for info and reviews on Queensland Health as lots of jobs in my field are advertised regular. Anyone got experiences of working with them etc?

Incidentally I found that QLD Health will be no more from July 2012... http://www.nursingreview.com.au/pages/section/article.php?s=Breaking+News&idArticle=22852

Will watch to see what happens....:huh:

Hi I have been working for Queensland Health since we got her beginning of 2008. I have had no problems with them. We came over on a permanent residency and no jobs lined up and when the kids were settled I applied on line via the expressions of interest and within 24 hours had calls from 2 nurse managers. I took a job not in my speciality due to the perfect location and hours and as the manager said, it would get me into Queensland Health. We have the same problems with management etc as you get in the NHS and staff complain the same. The one thing that does frustrate me is the meetings and decision making, it seems to take forever. All in all, I have no real complaints. Good luck. Elena

Guest tandcmum

If you are looking at visa sponsorship (i think you had said you were on a previous post) then you might struggle to get sponsorship on a community post, most sponsorship deals are based at hospitals. I know QLD health do sponsor nurses though so might be worth filing in an expression of interest with them. I did but didn't get anything back but i didnt have my AHPRA through yet and i think they like you to have that sorted before they will consider you

If you are looking at visa sponsorship (i think you had said you were on a previous post) then you might struggle to get sponsorship on a community post, most sponsorship deals are based at hospitals. I know QLD health do sponsor nurses though so might be worth filing in an expression of interest with them. I did but didn't get anything back but i didnt have my AHPRA through yet and i think they like you to have that sorted before they will consider you

As far as I know,.................only up to speed as of November...................Qld health in brizzy have ceased sponsoring from overseas for the time being and the grapevine told me it will be a while before they start again, if ever. Too many people with expressions of interest interviewed etc and then don't come or go to another state.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, is it really true that Queensland have ceased sponsoring from overseas now?? Have any nurses been sponsor recently to reassure me? I have seen three jobs on Queensland Health that I was going to apply to this week and I will need sponsorship! :(

Some reassurance please!!:biggrin:

Hey, is it really true that Queensland have ceased sponsoring from overseas now?? Have any nurses been sponsor recently to reassure me? I have seen three jobs on Queensland Health that I was going to apply to this week and I will need sponsorship! :(

Some reassurance please!!:biggrin:

You're re-assured. it's only in the SE corner that some hospitals have ceased such as the Prince Charles. There's quite a few nurses recently arrived on 457's sponsored by hosptals such as nambour

Archived