July 2012 visa changesH

cypruscj

Hi all, happy new year!

Quick question, would I be right in thinking that if my husband and I applied and submitted our 175 before July that we would be applying under the current scheme, even if the visa is not approved by July, which I assume it wouldn't be given timescales, would that mean that come July our visa would still be processed under old scheme and we wouldn't be getting an email or letter to say that we need to be invited first!

One thing you may be affected by though, is that if you apply for a skilled visa using an occupation and that occupation is removed from the skilled occupation list for that visa, then your visa processing may be de-prioritised (and will take longer to be granted - for example, if you're in priority 3 you will probably have a case officer within 4 weeks at the moment, if you're in priority 4 then you will wait 8 months or so, priority 5 is several years).

Thanks for replying guys, takes a wee bit of pressure off. My husband is a Quantity Surveyor so I'm hoping that won't be deprioritised, it seems to be an in demand area. Now just the painful task of saving, post Christmas, for visa fees and potential agent!

I'm hoping with the use of an agent we will get heads up on any potential pitfalls!

Hi guys interesting thread. I was wondering if I had applied by July but not been issued a case officer would that have an affect on the application? I am aware it can be de-prioritised but wouldn't be rejected outright and told to start again?! I am a ICT teacher, where would I find what level I am at? I am a little worried about the changes!!

Clock is ticking! Lol. I have decided, pardon the cliche " new year, new start " lark, that this year we have to take the opportunity to go to oZ for jobs and decent ones at that. We did a WHV 2009-2010, and lived and worked in Sydney, loved it! Yes it was expensive and yes you work hard, but more for my husbannds morale and self worth I think we definitely need to go back. He is consults for a prize ( fill in the blanks) and we live week to week, wondering when the next redundancy or dear John letter will arrive. Now way to live!

Onwards people!

Archived