Curry Recipe for Lynne.

Guest Scarletfever

Guest Scarletfever

Okay.....I promised this to Lynne last night on FNCC but if anyone else has a go at it, remeber I don't have 3rd party liability insurance so don't waste your time trying to take me to court!!:huh:

CHICKEN TIKKA

Serves 4.

1 pint of live natural yogurt

1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder

1 Tablespoon garam massala

1 Teaspoon Coriander powder

1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder

1 Teaspoon chilli powder

Juice of 1 lemon

8 cloves garlic - crushed

1 inch grated ginger

Red food colouring

4 Chicken Breasts cubed

1 Lemon.

METHOD.

Mix the spices, colouring, lemon juice, ginger and garlic up into a paste with a little water and stir into the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade. Marinade the chicken in the marinade for 2 - 6 hours in the fridge. Turn your oven on to its highest heat for at least 20 mins to pre warm. Shale the excess marinade off the chicken and place the chicken cubes onto skewers on a wire rack in the oven. Cook for 15 - 20 mins and check the chicken is cooked by piercing the thickest piece with a skewer. If the juices are clear, its cooked and serve with a wedge of lemon.

For the Massalla sauce, just follow the next bit..

INGREDIENTS.

2 Tins of chopped tomatoes or 1 tin of Tinned Tomato soup.

1 onion finely chopped

2 Teaspoons Curry powder

1/2 Teaspoon Chilli powder

1 Clove garlic - crushed

3 inches of Root Ginger grated

5 Tablespoons Vegtable Oil

4 Tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves

1 Tablespoon whole Coriander leaves

1 Teaspoon Garam Massalla

2 Tablespoons Yogurt

Cream to garnish

Optional Brown Sugar or Mango Chutney.

METHOD

Make a paste of curry powder and chilli powder with a little water. Fry the onion until translicent in the vegetable oil and then add the garlic, ginger and stir fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the yogurt and Chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for another 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes or soup and simmer for 20 minutes for the chopped tomatoes or 5 mins if you're using the soup. If you prefer the sauce on the sweet side, then add either the brown sugar or Mango chutney at this stage, but just add a little at a time according to your preffered taste. Stir in your already cooked and prepared Chikken Tikka when the sauce has cooked. Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute. Serve with a little cream swirled on top and the whole coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.

Like I already stated...if you're brave enough to have a go, it usually turns out great!!...........................however, if it doesn't....remember, that I'm only carpenter after all!!!:biglaugh:

Hi

I am going to print this receipe off and keep it for when we go to Oz to live! We had a take out curry whilst there and it was a bit poorl. There was no real taste just heat! Maybe we just didn't go to the right place though so if anyone can recommend a good Indian Takeaway in Perth then great! We did have a fantastic Thai though from a place in Mullaloo

Mandy x

Guest Scarletfever
Blooming suck up................3_7_9v.gif

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

What.....for posting a recipe that i promised a mate? ummmmmmm....ok.:err:

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird
Okay.....I promised this to Lynne last night on FNCC but if anyone else has a go at it, remeber I don't have 3rd party liability insurance so don't waste your time trying to take me to court!!:huh:

CHICKEN TIKKA

Serves 4.

1 pint of live natural yogurt

1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder

1 Tablespoon garam massala

1 Teaspoon Coriander powder

1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder

1 Teaspoon chilli powder

Juice of 1 lemon

8 cloves garlic - crushed

1 inch grated ginger

Red food colouring

4 Chicken Breasts cubed

1 Lemon.

METHOD.

Mix the spices, colouring, lemon juice, ginger and garlic up into a paste with a little water and stir into the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade. Marinade the chicken in the marinade for 2 - 6 hours in the fridge. Turn your oven on to its highest heat for at least 20 mins to pre warm. Shale the excess marinade off the chicken and place the chicken cubes onto skewers on a wire rack in the oven. Cook for 15 - 20 mins and check the chicken is cooked by piercing the thickest piece with a skewer. If the juices are clear, its cooked and serve with a wedge of lemon.

For the Massalla sauce, just follow the next bit..

INGREDIENTS.

2 Tins of chopped tomatoes or 1 tin of Tinned Tomato soup.

1 onion finely chopped

2 Teaspoons Curry powder

1/2 Teaspoon Chilli powder

1 Clove garlic - crushed

3 inches of Root Ginger grated

5 Tablespoons Vegtable Oil

4 Tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves

1 Tablespoon whole Coriander leaves

1 Teaspoon Garam Massalla

2 Tablespoons Yogurt

Cream to garnish

Optional Brown Sugar or Mango Chutney.

METHOD

Make a paste of curry powder and chilli powder with a little water. Fry the onion until translicent in the vegetable oil and then add the garlic, ginger and stir fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the yogurt and Chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for another 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes or soup and simmer for 20 minutes for the chopped tomatoes or 5 mins if you're using the soup. If you prefer the sauce on the sweet side, then add either the brown sugar or Mango chutney at this stage, but just add a little at a time according to your preffered taste. Stir in your already cooked and prepared Chikken Tikka when the sauce has cooked. Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute. Serve with a little cream swirled on top and the whole coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.

Like I already stated...if you're brave enough to have a go, it usually turns out great!!...........................however, if it doesn't....remember, that I'm only carpenter after all!!!:biglaugh:

Nice one Dan, I will have a go at that next weekend!! Anyone one got a recipe for onion bhajis??? really miss them! Have found a fantastic chinese restaurant in Port Kennedy if anyone is interested!! Prior to finding this one, most of our chinese take-aways ended up in the trash bin !!! I always do my own curries so dont know of any good Indian restaurants or take-aways soz!!!

Sian xxxx

Thanks Dan I've added it to all my other stuff that might be useful.

Sounds really nice even at 9.30 in the morning with a hang over!

If you ever want a place to stay in Sydney you know where to come, you could even knock us a few shelves up while you're there!!

Sam xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi all

I come from a long line of curry makers because my maternal gradfather was a British tea planter in Ceylon, then we lived in Malaysia when I was a child.

I can tell you everythig about curry except how to make it in the first place!

I have to say that Dan's recipe sounds absolutely mouth watering, though. Cochineal might provide the necessary colouring.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Scarletfever
Hey ya are moving to our neck of the woods aint ya???? YES YOU ARE!!! I have printed too and gonna try it on the weekend

Thanks Dan ur a star...Hmmmm Lynne ya havent replied??? Did you try it first and have not lived to tell the tale???

xx

Hmmm..must be honest Jo....I was a bit worried about that bit y'know?:embarrassed:

Hey, when the rest of us get over there, we can all meet up at your mansion for a curry night....course, you WILL be the one who has to do the washing up tho'...after Ive been in the kitchen it looks like a Tazmanian Devil has been on the loose!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Scarletfever
Thanks Dan I've added it to all my other stuff that might be useful.

Sounds really nice even at 9.30 in the morning with a hang over!

If you ever want a place to stay in Sydney you know where to come, you could even knock us a few shelves up while you're there!!

Sam xx

Hey Sam...the way these medicals are costing me an arm and a leg, I may take you up on the place to stay bit!!!:radar:

Guest jonseywife

Hi Dan

I've gotta a brilliant recipe for Chicken Tarka.....................

Its just like Tikka but OTTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hey Dan you arre a superstar, thankyou very much and i am sooooooooooooooo sorry for not replying, everytime i got home i kept falling asleep on couch as been really knackered with all the ours i have worked lately but will give it a go only thing is i dont like tikka massalla but yours doesnt look like it has the coconut in it which would be great if not as dont like the coconutty tast the massalla has. I will defo give it a go, :notworthy::twitcy::yes::chatterbox:

Guest juliethompson

Theres A Great Indian In Birkdale For All You Curry Lovers,the Owner's From Wolverhamton. It's Called The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant. The Address Is 190 Birkdale Rd Birkdale. Theres Also An English Shop There

Julie

Archived