Visa first or registration

magasela

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi welcome to the forum, I'm not an agent so not 100% sure but from another members post it looks like you will do AHPRA first and then once you have it you can look for sponsorship, however, saying that I have moved some nurses over who had sponsorship but were waiting for AHRPA.

here is the other members post http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/111362-rmn-pulling-his-hair-out-about-ahpra-registration-requirement.html#post1080839

I would apply to AHPRA asap. I sent my application at the beginning of aug and im still not registered. They're not an easy bunch to work with! Also, im going on a 457 (employer sponsored) visa and need a certificate of registration before i can apply for my visa. Im not sure how it works with other visas? Good luck :smile:

Hi everyone, l am a bit confused l would like to work in australia however, l dont know if l should start by registering with ahpra or l need to apply for the visa first. Please help me.

If I was you I would do the APHRA stage first they are hopelessly slow.

My OH is a dentist so the registration process is different.

We are now at the stage where they have taken our registration fee, but have still not issued the eligibility letter, spoke to them this morning and they have informed Oh that they they are now waiting for police checks. OH´s sponsor has already done this and it took three weeks, so here´s hoping that APHRA use a quicker method.

OH due to start work Feb 2012 but can´t until we get the APHRA + we need that for our visa´s = Christmas holiday´s probably even more delays, panicking as we just don´t want to lose the job offer.

Hi everyone, l am a bit confused l would like to work in australia however, l dont know if l should start by registering with ahpra or l need to apply for the visa first. Please help me.

Hi

I think it depends, maybe if i explain to you the way I am doing my applications it may help. First of all as I was gathering my stuff for the AHPRA appilication I had a job interview and go the job. So im going on a 457 visa. Once the sponsorship was in the bag I went and wrote the IELTS exam and did the ACPO police checks and got NMC to send my statement of good standing to AHPRA and also got my University to send my transcripts to AHPRA. I have just sent my AHPRA application and my employer has already sent me the paperwork to apply for the 457 visa. I will start the VISA application in the new year and will do the medicals etc etc even when AHPRA have not completed my registration. You can do all the visa application and satisfy everything else but the visa will only be issued once the AHPRA confirmation comes through. The advantage of this is that you are your AHPRA waiting will automatically be your visa waiting time. This way you do not have to wait for AHPRA and then when AHPRA is done you have to wait for the visa again. this process saves time and this is what most of my mates did. Im expecting my AHPRA registration to go through around end of April next year which means my Visa should come through a week after this or even 24 hours because you will already have been allocated a Case worker. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Depends what visa you are going on, you might need a skills assesment which has to be sent to ANMAC you need this for a 176 visa, you cant get registered with APHRA untill you have a positive skills assesment.

Dont think you need a skills assesment for a 457 visa.

Also if you are going for 176 visa you will need an ILETS score of at least 7 in each band before you can apply to ANMAC.

Which ever visa route beware APHRA take for ever!

Paul.

Hi,

Depends what visa you are going on, you might need a skills assesment which has to be sent to ANMAC you need this for a 176 visa, you cant get registered with APHRA untill you have a positive skills assesment.

Dont think you need a skills assesment for a 457 visa.

Also if you are going for 176 visa you will need an ILETS score of at least 7 in each band before you can apply to ANMAC.

Which ever visa route beware APHRA take for ever!

Paul.

Hi Totally agree, AHPRA takes ages. No need for a skills assessment on a 457 visa because one will already have a job offer. However 457 has its disadvantages because you are tied down to that employer, however if you work in a government hospital, the health service will then sponsor you for PR. I guess one would have successfully completed the probationary period.

Day

Hi

I think it depends, maybe if i explain to you the way I am doing my applications it may help. First of all as I was gathering my stuff for the AHPRA appilication I had a job interview and go the job. So im going on a 457 visa. Once the sponsorship was in the bag I went and wrote the IELTS exam and did the ACPO police checks and got NMC to send my statement of good standing to AHPRA and also got my University to send my transcripts to AHPRA. I have just sent my AHPRA application and my employer has already sent me the paperwork to apply for the 457 visa. I will start the VISA application in the new year and will do the medicals etc etc even when AHPRA have not completed my registration. You can do all the visa application and satisfy everything else but the visa will only be issued once the AHPRA confirmation comes through. The advantage of this is that you are your AHPRA waiting will automatically be your visa waiting time. This way you do not have to wait for AHPRA and then when AHPRA is done you have to wait for the visa again. this process saves time and this is what most of my mates did. Im expecting my AHPRA registration to go through around end of April next year which means my Visa should come through a week after this or even 24 hours because you will already have been allocated a Case worker. Hope this helps.

Yip, i agree with this. While waiting on my registration with AHPRA to come through i have been collating all of the other documents required to apply for my visa. That way when it does comes through it will just be a case of applying for it. The whole process isnt cheap so ive been trying to spread the cost out by concentrating on a specific part each month.....medical one month, police check the next etc etc. The whole process is pretty overwhelming to begin with but once you get into it its not actually as bad as it seems. If you just take it step by step instead of trying to do it all at once it will be much less stressful :smile:

Archived