Another Dual passports/citizenship question ???

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

Wondered if any ones knows how this works?????? Im still not clear on it !!! :wacko:

Our main goal once in Oz is to become Australian Citizens, get our dual passports and then we would be able to come & go as we please...... mainly for my kids aswell, so they can see the world and have the freedom to settle in Australia or the UK.

I know that anyone under 18 does'nt have to take the test SO, my question is.....

Do they have to wait until they are over 18 to become Australian citizens (to get the dual passport) OR if the parents have taken the tests and become Australian citizens does this automatically qualify the children ????

Checked the site but cant seem to find out...... or am I being really dense !!!!!!!??????? :yes:

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/test/eligibility/index.htm

Guest sexkit001

not being dense in anyway I am trying to find the answer as well and the site does not give you anything unless I am being dense and can't see for looking (which i do tend to do sometimes).... I have 2 kids with another on the way, which could potentially be born in Oz and unsure on citizenship of the kids...

Kxx good luck hope you get your answer...

Wondered if any ones knows how this works?????? Im still not clear on it !!! :wacko:

Our main goal once in Oz is to become Australian Citizens, get our dual passports and then we would be able to come & go as we please...... mainly for my kids aswell, so they can see the world and have the freedom to settle in Australia or the UK.

I know that anyone under 18 does'nt have to take the test SO, my question is.....

Do they have to wait until they are over 18 to become Australian citizens (to get the dual passport) OR if the parents have taken the tests and become Australian citizens does this automatically qualify the children ????

We became Australian Citizens earlier this year. Our children were included in my application (can be included with either parent), and came along to the ceremony with us and received their Citizenship certificates.

Hope this helps, regards Jarvl.

Guest jonseywife
Pssst..SAL I just lurrrrve you new avatar..Look at you all gorgeous with ur titfer on

HUGZ xxxxxxxx

Well... call me a copy cat but I saw your new one (your looking good bye the way hun xxxx !!!!) so I thought I'd update mine....... just wasting some time really!!!!!!!!

There's about 20 of us girlies going out on the town Sat. night for my goodbye knees up..... all wearing cork hats ofcourse !!!!!!!!!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest jonseywife
...is this what your looking for? Step 1: Am I eligible? – Other situations

...All the best for your trip in November!..Pingpong:)..

Cheers for all the replies guys and Thanks Pingpom that link does actually answered my original question.............. Ta very much !!!!!!!!!

And Jo love, I'll definately e-mail you some piccies (if you pm me your addy & promise not to sell them on !!!)

Im off to Brighton later funnily enough, to a gig then stay the night and look around the shops in the morning ... but gotta make sure im back for my knees up though :goofy::biglaugh:xxxxxxx

Archived