Vettessess and IELTS passed, now WA state sponsor time!...How long will this take??

K8kte

I have successfully passed my vettessess and just found out today I got over 8 in all of the IELTS sections, so inc state sponsor I will have 70 points!

I briefly spoke to my agent today and as its friday she was very rushed and mentioned a few things before signing off for the day!

She mentioned as I want to do WA state sponsor, have I done the WA questionnaire yet? I said no but thinking about it now what is this questionnnaire?

She also mentioned as Ive passed vetessess it may be worth also getting a supporting letter from vettessess to support my visa application, why would this be needed and will it hold up the process any further?

Has anyone recently lodged WA state sponsor, how long did it take to get an answer back? I keep hearing its only a matter of a week or two but my agent has told me 2 months?!

Any answers to the above will be very much appreciated!! Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,

Congrats on getting this far...ok, you need to do some research on filling in the WA State Sponsorship form. There are tons off threads on here so do a quick search. WA need to be satisfied by this form that you know your stuff about your job prospects, and that you have looked into possible jobs. They will also need to know that you can afford to live there..just write a list of what you intend to spend on the relocation etc...flights, travel...and your belongings to be shipped...

One important note-keep your answers brief and too the point...there is a character count for length...

Good luck with it....it's quite straightforward and you'll find plenty of info online....get it in as soon as you can. They are turning them around super quick and you could get lucky and lodge your visa app before the fees increase on 1 Jan

Take care,

D

Thats excellent thanks! To be honest it sounds like things I have already researched and worked out (money) so hopefully I can transfer that over! Id like to say we could lodge the visa before the 1st of Jan but we're going through an agent and they dont exactly work at speed we have discovered! Glad we're using them to do the paperwork but we seem to be one step ahead with whats needed next!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Hi Pete,

Congrats on getting this far...ok, you need to do some research on filling in the WA State Sponsorship form. There are tons off threads on here so do a quick search. WA need to be satisfied by this form that you know your stuff about your job prospects, and that you have looked into possible jobs. They will also need to know that you can afford to live there..just write a list of what you intend to spend on the relocation etc...flights, travel...and your belongings to be shipped...

One important note-keep your answers brief and too the point...there is a character count for length...

Good luck with it....it's quite straightforward and you'll find plenty of info online....get it in as soon as you can. They are turning them around super quick and you could get lucky and lodge your visa app before the fees increase on 1 Jan

Take care,

D

• 2 weeks later...

Got wa ss 2days are we lodges it, a great start to the Xmas break!

We are now about to lodge the visa in the new year, just a quick question, I'd really like to be getting prices now for medicals, are you given a list of doctors you have to travel to as we're based on the south coast (Bognor Regis)?!

Any info appreciated cheers pete

We're going with Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead...200 each as opposed to 270 each elsewhere. And they are very helpful over the phone.

Thanks but we were hoping for nearer as we have two little ones! Do you know where we can get a full list from? Thanks, also what part of wa you looking to go to? We're hoping for port Kennedy area!

Excellent cheers, so maidenhead is our nearest then! That's going to be a fun car journey! Saying that we're flying to Perth in feb and dreading the flight with a 2yr and 8mth old!

Can you let me know when you get appointed a co and when asked for medicals? It's nice your a step ahead as its good to see the process at work!

Happy new year cheers for the info, Pete

Guest olihaden84

Hi Pete,

I applied for WA state sponsorship just before Christmas, I got a response within 36 hours! Previous resplies on this thread are correct though, you do need to prove that you know your stuff about WA and how much relocation and living in Australia is going to cost you, so make sure you do your research beforehand. If you know anyone living in WA it's useful to get some info from them. Upon receiving the positive sponsorship my visa application was submitted the following day.

Your visa agent should really be sorting all the VETASSESS stuff out for you, after all, that's what you're paying them to do. I would also hope that they have provided you with some info on the state sponsorship process etc?!

Regards,

Oli

Guest Sandy smile

Hi just few minutes ago I login to this website . I don't know what's going on here could anyone help me plsss how to use this site.

We're going with Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead...200 each as opposed to 270 each elsewhere. And they are very helpful over the phone.

Hi,

Another question, have you booked your medical before actually getting a CO? I ask because our agent is just about to lodge our visa but has told us to wait doing medicals until CO asks for them.

Our problem is we are going on holiday end of Feb for 3 weeks which could be a sticky time to go as once CO asks for medicals apparently you only have 28days to get them done.

I told our agent this and should we therefore get medicals done just before we go. They still say no as we can get it done abroad if needed (Excellent, ok we'll take time out of our holiday to go get medicals done + it'll cost another £200)

Bridge Clinic have agreed that we should wait to get our visa TRN numnber so that processing becomes quicker for us but that we dont have to wait until a CO is appointed as long as we long the visa will not take longer than a year to be passed.

Can you let us know when you get a CO so we know rough timeframe?

Also the same question relates to the police checks, did your agent do these or did you have to do them, and how do we do them?

Sorry loads of q's, with the money Im paying I should be trusting my agent but they dont seem to be out to save me money!

Cheers Pete

Guest Australianinwaiting

Hi all, hubbie has just got his positive skills assessment and his IELTS is done and passed so now on to state sponsorship. Yay!

Just a quick question. I went on the WA state sponsorship website and the form it directed me to was really quite short and didn't ask anything about why we wanted to move to WA. Is this the right form? I was just having a quick look at it on my phone so it might well be obvious when I look at it properly, but a hint would be helpful, if someone wouldn't mind! Thanks.

Guest olihaden84

Hi Pete,

We were allocated our CO just at the turn of the new year and within a week we have had the request for us to go and complete our medicals and police checks. It appears your initial entry date to get into Australia is 12 months from whichever of the medical or police check is approved first, and not the grant date of your actual visa.

I've done some ringing around and it seems you can get medical appointments within a day or two which is useful. Yes, there is a 28-day deadline to provide the information however you can request an extension form your CO providing you can sufficiently prove that you have made efforts to get them done within the 28 days.

With the police checks, it's a simple (but quite lengthy) form to fill in, which you then have to post off with a cheque for £35 per applicant. You can get either a standard service which takes about 10 working days, or a premium service which takes 2 days but costs more.

The request for medicals and police checks has come through our agent (who have had the official request from the CO); they have sent us all the necessary paperwork and all we have had to do is fill it in and send it off. There's the police referencing form, Form 80 (character referencing), and then 2 forms which you need to complete and take to your medical.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Oli

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pete,

Take care,

D

You got your visa today woo hoo well done!

We got our CO today and they have requested our medicals so we have them booked for next fri (27th) so fingers crossed ours goes as smoothly!!

Our agent said we should have it def before our holiday there on 25th Feb so we can use our holiday to activate the visa!!! Two birds with one stone!!

Quick q, do you have to send your passports off for them to put in the visa to your uk passport or is it a totally seperate document? I just wonder how quick they do this?

Really happy for you!! Pete and Kate

You got your visa today woo hoo well done!

We got our CO today and they have requested our medicals so we have them booked for next fri (27th) so fingers crossed ours goes as smoothly!!

Our agent said we should have it def before our holiday there on 25th Feb so we can use our holiday to activate the visa!!! Two birds with one stone!!

Quick q, do you have to send your passports off for them to put in the visa to your uk passport or is it a totally seperate document? I just wonder how quick they do this?

Really happy for you!! Pete and Kate

Thank you for the well wishes :) on the q-it's all electronic, you don't need to get your passport stamped at all x

On the forms 26eh and 160eh that we have to take to medicals at Bridge Clinic, did you attached photos to them or is that something that is done there? Thanks :-)

In our case, we had an electronic application, so the staff there told us we didn't need those forms/photos...but the forms were handy for the doctor as they had all our info on already -You only need photos for a paper application.. :)

In our case, we had an electronic application, so the staff there told us we didn't need those forms/photos...but the forms were handy for the doctor as they had all our info on already -You only need photos for a paper application.. :)

Excellent thanks!

Typical my husband woke with a sore throat yesterday. Are we supposed to go in perfect health or is attending with this type of thing ok?

My hubby woke me this morning at 5:30 am worrying about it as we have it tomorrow! I can't see how they can turn you away with a cold/ sore throat as its the cold season??

thanks Kate

Excellent thanks!

Typical my husband woke with a sore throat yesterday. Are we supposed to go in perfect health or is attending with this type of thing ok?

My hubby woke me this morning at 5:30 am worrying about it as we have it tomorrow! I can't see how they can turn you away with a cold/ sore throat as its the cold season??

thanks Kate

Hiya Kate

Dont worry, they could care less about the common cold/flu etc.. When I went I stil had some pretty impressive bruising around a minor op I had a few weeks earlier.. Little issues are of no concern to them. I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry - and don't forget you can always call them to alleviate any concerns you have.

Dani x

Archived