Leeming Primary School, Perth

Debbie Emblem

We are moving to Perth in January having spent the past 12 months in Melbourne. We would like to know anybody's thoughts/opinions on the above school, I believe my son would be going in to year 3. We would also like to know what people think of living in the Leeming and Willetton area.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Guest bluecob99

Hi

We're not over yet, but have heard such good things about Leeming and Willetton. My English friends moved to Leeming 4 years ago and their children go to Banksia Park, which has an excellent reputation, they are very happy there. I've also read that Leeming Primary and Willetton Primary are at the top of the league tables. Tables aside, it is suppoed to be a very friendly area, people welcoming and good to reach all amenities.

Hope this helps!

All the primary schools in Leeming, Leeming PS, Banksia and West Leeming have excellent reputations and great atmospheres. My son enters year 7 at Leeming PS next year and my daughter started in year 7 when we first moved and liked it. Leeming has a slightly larger catchment area that West Leeming which is probably a bit more rigid in it's boundaries, (sorry not sure of the exact catchment but it would be on their website).

Of course, i'm going to say I love Leeming as a suburb as we've lived here for 5 years, it won't be everyone's cup of tea being older, but it has a great community feel to it (we're having a street party on Saturday for Xmas), there's a mixture of young and old, lots of amenities and we have great public transport links into the City and Fremantle. Less than 20 mins to the beach, Point Walter, and the City.

We stumbled on Leeming by chance and felt very settled here right away, the surrounding suburbs are also nice by the way.

Ali x

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the information, we've have definately decided to look for a rental in the Leeming area. Hoping to be there in 4 weeks time!

All the primary schools in Leeming, Leeming PS, Banksia and West Leeming have excellent reputations and great atmospheres. My son enters year 7 at Leeming PS next year and my daughter started in year 7 when we first moved and liked it. Leeming has a slightly larger catchment area that West Leeming which is probably a bit more rigid in it's boundaries, (sorry not sure of the exact catchment but it would be on their website).

Of course, i'm going to say I love Leeming as a suburb as we've lived here for 5 years, it won't be everyone's cup of tea being older, but it has a great community feel to it (we're having a street party on Saturday for Xmas), there's a mixture of young and old, lots of amenities and we have great public transport links into the City and Fremantle. Less than 20 mins to the beach, Point Walter, and the City.

We stumbled on Leeming by chance and felt very settled here right away, the surrounding suburbs are also nice by the way.

Ali x

Archived