Road Construction/Plant operator

calNgary

Hiya guys, hubby has come home clutching a note tonight that may help one of you,,, the owner of a company he is doing some work for has given him this and is asking if i can post on here that he has vacanicies for,,,

Plant operators,,,in brackets it says (stabiliser machines)

or

Truck drivers ,,,,(presume to drive the machnies around ???)

anyone qualified in these trades and requiring more infomation on work,please PM me for the guys email adress/contact details.This company is based on the Gold Coast but works throughout Australia building roads.

Cal x

• 3 years later...
Guest mcat5a

hi there,if you could get that address i would appreciate it.heading over to perth to visit my son on the 12 of oct and i am trying to get as many contacts as i can.i am 44 and cant get the holiday working visa .also finding it difficult to get sponsorship so i think if you are there and they can see that you are serious about it you might have a better chance.its a pity that they make it difficult for some one just because you are over a certain age limit.i have over 20 years experience and still as they say"fighting fit",..

many thanks...mel...

Guest mcat5a

would go but i am for perth on the 12th.just back from scotland.worked in aberfeldy at a windfarm up there for 5 months.its an exciting place......not.... heading over on a holiday visa.i think i would have a better chance over there.my son is sussing things out for me and has a room for me.are you thinking of heading over

dave works on a windfarm too but its down near dumfries, lol he says its exciting too haha. i think it'll def help that your in perth, just go round everywhere you can think of with a cv and a covering letter. try all the big names like rio tinto, macmahon, leighton, theres quite a few. and ill also email you with the names of the people hiring at the expo. yeah we want to head over next year if dave can get a sponsor

Guest mcat5a

went to an expo in dublin last week.it feels like we are getting ignored just because we are over 30.i met gary for a few minutes at the expo and he did say that machine operators were not on the list yet there is a huge shortage.i am leaving my wife and 3 other kids behind to go there.its not going to be easy but...needs must.plus jj,my eldest is coming home for christmas.god loves a tryer..i think...i dont know god that well.i met a man once who said"i dont believe in religion"..so i said then your a atheist.to which he replied.."i am....thank god...."..lol.

how long you going to perth for? yeah gary told me that the companies are only looking for whv people. i think its silly too, 30 isnt old at all and theres so many experienced drivers out there just over the limit. I assume the jobs at the aberdeen expo are sponsored because the employers have to pay to come over here and advertise at the expo so what would be the point of them paying to come over and look for people who can already go to oz on their own. does that make sense lol

Guest mcat5a

dont know yet.i have a 3 month holiday visa that i can get extended if i need to.the problem might be that if can manage to get sponsored and get employment is that i might not be able to get home for christmas.would be good to get employment,,,not so good if i cant come home for christmas

Guest mcat5a

i think roisin is thinking i am gona do the same...trust me...at this stage in my life i am built for comfort..not speed....the only way any one is gona look at me in a provocative way is through rose colored beer goggles over the top of a bulging wallet of money....therfore...my wife has nothing to worry about.god....that makes me sound that i look like a brute....i will let you know if i find out anything when i am there .jj has the internet and a laptop that i can use...

lol maybe shes worried you'll find a holly valance lookalike, Im only joking about dave, hes the same as you i dont think theres much chance of him doing a runner, he'd be far too interested in looking at the size of those huuuuge diggers they have in oz lol you can speak to her on skype and facebook plus theres always phone calls

Guest mcat5a

while i was reading your last reply...when it got to the part when you said huuuge,i was so glad to read the next word as diggers.typical man that i am i thought diggers was gona be something else....lets not go there.i am waiting for my daughter to get up to show me how to put these thank you messages and stuff up.stuff up.....what wonderful use of the english language.i am not that good on the computer.yes,your right about the cv,s.jj said that as well.i could be sent home a lot sooner than i thought.but you are allowed to have interviews and look for sponsorship.just so long as you dont work there it should be fine

ah right i didnt know that you were allowed interviews, i just thought that if you mentioned you were looking for work at all that was game over since your on a holiday visa. maybe best just to say that your going for a holiday at ur sons and not mention work at all just incase? your son will know more than me tho, i just assumed it wasnt allowed. Lol nooo i definitely meant diggers! i think he'll fall in love with some of the massive diggers lol a lot bigger than over here

Guest mcat5a

enjoyed the craic stacey.gona head off here.i will get in touch if i find out anything that will be any help to you and cal.all the best and stay safe...mel..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gettooz

Hi, just reading a few posts like yours and was wondering if i'm reading right. I, like you and many others are 'over the hill' in age (46) but would love to live and work in oz for a few years. Is it possible that I could go over on a holiday visa and hope to find an employer to sponsor me ? I work in accounting but not a fully qualified accountant and not sure if that would be enough.

I have friends who i could stay with, but obviously would like to get a job and make my own life there. Do many people have success that way ?

Thanks Debs

Hi, just reading a few posts like yours and was wondering if i'm reading right. I, like you and many others are 'over the hill' in age (46) but would love to live and work in oz for a few years. Is it possible that I could go over on a holiday visa and hope to find an employer to sponsor me ? I work in accounting but not a fully qualified accountant and not sure if that would be enough.

I have friends who i could stay with, but obviously would like to get a job and make my own life there. Do many people have success that way ?

Thanks Debs

Are accountants on on the SOL list?? i thought i had saw them

Guest gettooz

Hi Stacey

Yes Accountants are on the list but i'm not qualified just and accountants assistant with a foundation level in CIMA, and my ages doesn't give me any points. I have been reading your posts and wonder if i should just go and maybe just go and hope I can get a sponsor. But not even sure if i could get a sponsor because of my lack of points, its so confusing and without paying lots of money then I can't find enough information to convince me to just go!! Do you know ?

Thanks

Guest gettooz

Thanks, I did email them and they told me that I didn't have a chance really as my age and lack of full qualification. But I was wondering if I went on a holiday visa and looked for a job while I am there are the rules still the same, or are they allowed to sponsor without the same requirements as if i was applying from here?

Debs

Archived