Subclass 309 + 100 Visa sent today!

Guest TurboJon

Guest TurboJon

Hi all,

Just came across this forum, looks great!

I sent our visa application yesterday and it arrived today at 09:09 and my credit card has already been charged the cost of the visa!

Is this normal, did this happen to you?

I would be greatful of any response,

:spinny:

Congratulations and welcome to PIO! It certainly feels good to get the application submitted doesn't it? Did you find it surprising just how long it took to get it all put together? I planned to have mine in by May but it was September before we had it all collated.

I do remember they were fairly swift with taking payment though - the same day they received it by Special Delivery! My first attempt to pay was unsuccessful as I put in Amex card details on the form which it turned out they don't accept (despite having that option on the form).

Are you the applicant or is it your other half? Where abouts will you be heading once you're out there?

Best of luck with it all!:wink:

Guest TurboJon

Hi llessur thanks for all the info!!!!!!! :D

I have an Australian passport its my partner who we are waiting on the visa for. My brother and his wife recently moved back to Perth, which is where we will be going.

Fingers crossed we have gathered all the necessary paperwork etc, took so so long! Now it just just a waiting game....

Pretty much sorted out some work my missus when we get there, just need to find myself something now!!

Guest TurboJon

ok recieved email today, all we need now is medical and police check! seems like all the doccies we sent were ok!!! thank christ! i was worried that we would need heaps more evidence...apparently not!

does everyone need an interview or just some? the process is going very smoothly at the moment

* touch wood *

thanks all :biggrin:

ok recieved email today, all we need now is medical and police check! seems like all the doccies we sent were ok!!! thank christ! i was worried that we would need heaps more evidence...apparently not!

does everyone need an interview or just some? the process is going very smoothly at the moment

* touch wood *

thanks all :biggrin:

Nice one - sounds positive. We didn't need an interview - although we haven't been granted the visa yet but we did receive the 'no further evidence required' email so I'm not sure if they'll ask for one at this stage. A bit of a shame as I was secretly looking forward to an interview - thought it might a bit like that gameshow where the partners have to answer questions about each other - usually getting them wrong...

No full names allowed on the forum but what are your case officer's initials? We have WP who seems to be granting around the 4 month mark at the moment - which means hopefully ours will come through around the end of Jan. Fingers crossed :eek:

Guest TurboJon

haha thats funny about the interview, finger crossed we wont need one, cant afford another trip to london at the moment!!

the initals are DP if that helps?

once all evidence is received, how come it takes 4 months to approve? thanks for your response :) good luck for Jan too!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeek

the initals are DP if that helps?

once all evidence is received, how come it takes 4 months to approve? thanks for your response :) good luck for Jan too!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeek

Not personally sure about DP - keep an eye out on the thread I gave you a link to. If you look back over the past 10 pages or so you should get an idea from others who have the same CO.

I believe the waiting time (officially 5-6 months at the mo but often sooner) is just due to general processing times and probably also due to keeping the flow of visas issued at a steady pace. Am not sure if there are government quotas on this class of visa but I'm sure someone else on here can advise!

Do you know where you're going for your medical yet? If you're down south I can recommend the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. Cheaper than the London clinics and a really friendly place...

Archived