Closing the door

whichway

How long have you been back for and whereabouts are you?

Hi there,

I am now into my 7th month back in Scotland (Perth) - returned back 'home'.

I still say that I have no regrets about all the money spent or my time in Oz - great, great experience and everyone should try it - unfortunately, it may not work for everyone.

At this present moment, I have 3 Aussies in my house - a good friend of my son has come over for 3 months (mad, mad boy who is desperate to experience a snowy xmas - it is snowing eveywhere but Perth !!!).

The other two are nurses who I had the pleasure of working with in Melbourne who are currently doing their Europe tour and have come to visit me in my home country.

Hopefully your journey will bring you back to peace, contentment and a lifting of the soul - it certainly has for me.......................even with the minus temperatures and Hurricane Bawbag, which in reality was just a strong wind !!!!!

Wishing you all the best

Me Too !

been in our current house now for 18 months, yes everything that opens and shuts if you know what i mean, BUT - I have no idea who lives next door, across the road or down the street. Smiles and waves have been ignored. We will never get back due to family reasons but just wanted to say good luck and be happy.

Me Too !

been in our current house now for 18 months, yes everything that opens and shuts if you know what i mean, BUT - I have no idea who lives next door, across the road or down the street. Smiles and waves have been ignored. We will never get back due to family reasons but just wanted to say good luck and be happy.

I know, I don't know where neighborlyness has gone. Don't people want to meet new people. We had a for sale sign up outside our house, followed by a SOLD sign and not one person on our street came over to say what you up to? I am not imagining it will be much different when I get back (to a new house in a new street) but I hope it will be better.

Archived