Visa agent or no visa agent? dilema!!

niahshw

Hi everyone,

finally after 6 years of planning and dreaming we are ready to start the ball rolling.

I would like some advice on if we should use an agent or not for the visa applications?

I cant decide if I should try it myself and save some money or use a comapny that will do it for me and pay more.

If you think I should use an agent then please could you give me any tips on who you think are good.

Im only at the beggining of this whole process and already really confused!

Also, my hubby will need to do an AQFIII for solid plastering and I dont know if we should be getting this done before we start the application or once we have begun.

Please help.

Thanks, Kat x:confused:(confused)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Kat

This is a tough one, if your case is straightforward then yes you could do it yourself, however, I have seen quite a few try and do it themselves and end up in a complete mess. We chose an agent so that we knew everything was correct and as required, especially when they keep changing things etc.

If you want an agent I would go with one of the reputable ones who post on here, you have:

ABA - Raul - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/33932.html

Alan Collett - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/8471.html

George Lombard

If your well organised you could do it all yourself and save the money which you might need when you get over there, an agent doesnt get you any further in the queue over anyone else but they can make your application more polished, presenting you in a good light and focusing on your strengths.

Remember that if you lodge your application they will only assess it on what you have done upto that point and nothing afterwards so if the AQFIII is required for points then it needs to be done beforehand.

one thing you could get out the way is the IELTS as this is valid for two years anyway (if the AQF is less time that is), maybe even the skills assessment for you as well.

Best of Luck

We did it ourselfs after speaking to an agent that said our case was straight forward.

I would run your case past a few agents, so you have an idea how your application will be if there will be any complications, many initial assessments are free.

But with the Expression of Interest coming in to effect next year, spending money in a good agent is not a bad thing.

But you need your skills assessment and IELTS before you can lodge your application.

Archived