Urgent accomodation warning for members using this forum

Guest Guest31881

Guest Guest31881

It has been brought to the attention of the Mods and admin team that unsolicited PM messages are being circulated to members offering to help with accommodation. We must stress that these messages are nothing to do with PIO and no one has asked permission to approach our membership with these offers.

If you receive one of these PM messages then please report it to a mod. Treat any unsolicited mail as a scam and remember all genuine companies Like you to inspect a property before you offer to rent.

Under no circumstances part with any money before inspecting any property for a long term rental. Short term rentals/ Arrival rentals will be the only ones you pay for in advance.

These messages are being investigated. We ask our members to be vigilant and report any suspect behavior.

It is against forum rules to send unsolicited PM advertising a business.

I have a question - quite often people ask about accommodation on the forum, and the forum rules do not allow me to actively put my hand up to help so to speak, on the forum, unless it is a very generic response. Am I allowed to contact people via PM offering help directly or is this not allowed? I had always thought this was the way to go if someone asked about accommodation.

Thanks

Rudi

x

PS Can I just say........I haven't contacted anyone recently so the above post is not about me ;-)

Guest Guest31881

Hi Rudi.

What has been happening is that a member has been sending PM messages to everyone who is talking about or asking about a certain area. Totally unsolicited messages. Not in direct response to a request for accommodation info.

Guest Guest31881

I have closed the thread as it is for information. If anyone has any questions please PM myself or any of the mods or admin team

Archived