Our situation!

Tulip

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd update a bit as I'm not sure I even did an intro thread!

Well as soon as I got back from Australia last January...I have felt the bug to go back. Even when I was there I never thought 'I'd like to stay here forever!', but when I reflected on it after being there for nearly two months...my heart *ached* to return.

I met Mark online three years ago, he's Aussie, and I'm English. He came over for xmas one year, and then I went to Aus the next year for xmas, and then he moved over afterwards in February and proposed. It's no surprise that a few months ago I admitted my want to move over to Aus. He loves where we are now, but he also loves Aus, and I trust him when he tells me he doesn't mind where he lives as he loves both places. We both agreed that the one place we had to live if we were going to Aus was the Gold Coast; we both adore it and I can't imagine living anywhere else!

There are some complications, money primarily; we're getting married in August, and still have to move out of my mum's when I have a job and save up for that, as well as our Aussie fund. For this reason we've set outselves a little time scale, and would love to move over in 2013, even if it's later in the year than we'd planned. One push on time is that Mark is desperate to go to University, and we can't afford for him to pay for it up front here because although he was born in Scotland and thus, has dual citizenship, he hasn't been in the country for 3 years so can't apply for a loan or grant.

So. For now we're chugging along, and I'm dreaming of our life in the sun. When we're married I can get the spousal visa, and hopefully ship our dog Maisy over with us.

Fingers crossed, and hello again!

Here's me scratching a roo in Dreamworld...

263388_10150250393360950_677875949_8011779_4955238_n.jpg

And Marky being silly in the GC Botanical gardens...

168185_487075480949_677875949_6580574_7783252_n.jpg

Forgot to say; I'm 20, and Marky is 21. No kids (a rarity for my age group in the UK!), so less strings attached!

A lovely story. I guess that I was around a similar age to yourself when I met my husband/got married.

I was 19 when we met and 21 when we got married. Some people thought we were quite young for the commitment. Although it seemed perfect to us. And 8yrs later were still happily married and have two children.

Good luck and enjoy the new chapter in your life.

AC

Haha, thank you Stacey, and yes, we should start a mummyless group and brag about sleeping in. ;)

I'm glad that someone else has been young and married; a few people have raised their eyebrows but when you know you're going to be together forever, why wait!? I'm hoping we'll be together for a long old time, we're at the three year mark now and the honeymoon period hasn't quite subsided yet!

Exactly, if you feel its right then why should it matter. 21 isnt that young anyway, its different than being 16. Lol yeah my friends about to give birth in feb and we're all shocked. shes the least maternal person ever! I wrote on facebook earlier " prego for daves birthday" prego's a italian restaurant where i live but everyones been asking if im pregnant!!!! LOL

Ahahaahh! I think people would be shocked if I got knocked up, I'm very appreciative of my freedom and already have a baby in the form of my dogs! I'm sure the time will come for us to reproduce some day, but for now, just enjoying being string-free if you know what I mean.

Guest Gothic Rose

Hello Tulip, & Welcome to PIO,

I can't claim to be YOUNG ,married & childless. But I am two years married to a wonderful Aussie, don't want any children & have applied for a Spouse Visa. Good Luck with your own adventures. Nice to hear your enthusiasm, great pics & honeymoons don't have to end :wink::wubclub: