Wynnum

Keira huggins

Question time again folks, you gave huge food for thought and ended up having a rather large re-think

Wynnum....... Spent a lot of time searching here and nearby BuT again, experience will beat me hands down.

Commute, looking good. House prices, good. Sports, good.

So peeps, schools. Brisbane Bayside College or Wynnum state high school?

Good, bad, indifferent ?

Wynnum and surrounding areas in general.

Thanks

Hi Keira .... We are in Manly, the next suburb along from Wynnum and can give you lots of info as the suburbs do all run into each other somewhat. We've been here almost 18 months and love this area. Schools .... Hmmm .... I have a 10 year old and have been recently looking at local high schools - both state and private. I can give an opinion .... But it's not through personal experience - just taking onboard personal experiences of friends and general hearsay .... As a result though, I would not send my child to either of these schools. It speaks volumes to me, that every one of my friends who are doing the state education route in this area, have chosen to bypass the local two in favour of either Wellington Point state high or Cleveland state high. I will pop back later with info on Wynnum itself but running late to collect hubby at the mo. Back soon ... But pm me if I forget :wink:

Again - just hearsay, but I have also not heard great things about either of these schools. A lot of people send their kids privately or on the train to Wellington Point and Cleveland - as Myrtle said.....

I can't give you info about Wynnum, but I am sure the lovely Myrtle will be back to tell you later as she lives in that area.

Love

Rudi

x

• 4 weeks later...

Archived