Groomer wanting to move to Oz

sickasachip

Hi All,

Ive found so much information on this website but still cant get my head around if and how my family can move to Perth.

I am about to complete my studies in City & Guilds as a Dog Groomer. I know this isnt on the Skilled Migration List but Im wondering if there is any other way of applying to move please?

I have a wife, who is currently doing Accountant studies but it will be 2 years at least before she completes these, and we also have children who would be in promary education.

Ive noticed the Pet Grooming is on the Industry training council-identified priorities 2011 list but im wondering what that means in terms of a visa application

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm training to groom too! I've been speaking to a groomer in Aus, in the same area I'm moving to. She said most groomers are mobile, and charge about $60 for a Schnauzer groom, so I'm guessing $60 for all small dog grooms and then just add fifteen bucks as you get bigger/matting fee.

I don't think it's on the skilled lists though, I checked earlier on in the year. Luckily my fiance is Aussie so I need a spousal visa by the time we go.

Lucky you!!! Im just stumbling on when we can actually start the application process.

Pet grooming isnt on the skilled list but it is on the State priority occupation, although Im busy trying to establish what bearing this has.

Im not sure if you are aware about it but there is a good groomin forum here:

http://www.australianpetgroomers.com

Making very useful reading! x

• 1 year later...
I'm training to groom too! I've been speaking to a groomer in Aus, in the same area I'm moving to. She said most groomers are mobile, and charge about $60 for a Schnauzer groom, so I'm guessing $60 for all small dog grooms and then just add fifteen bucks as you get bigger/matting fee.

I don't think it's on the skilled lists though, I checked earlier on in the year. Luckily my fiance is Aussie so I need a spousal visa by the time we go.

Just noticed you are so close to going! Well I am now a qualified groomer and gaining experience now. My wife is starting a nursing degree in september so hopefully in 3 years this dream will become reality! Best of luck x