Mobile Phones

ghost

Ive read before that get mobile phones are one of the hardest thigns to get approved for. If you take your own phone I would like to recommend amaysim.

They seem to have the best rates and works with the iphone. Doenst seem compatible with the blackberry though.

Post paid is much better value that pre paid.

Not sure if they are Australia wide, but work well in WA

im with optus on payg, as the contract phones dont cover uk calls on the free mins, i pay 30bucks a month, which gives me unlimted texts, 5mg data and about 2, 30 mins calls to the uk a week for a month of credit, cant fault them, good coverage etc

Guest VickyMel

I had to push to get approved for a contract with Optus (no job at the time was the main issue) but pushed hard enough and got it.

One thing that annoyed me was that I thought I was getting more calls with post-paid but the reality was my pre-paid was charging something like 8c / min and the post-paid although it gave me more value - it was monopoly money and was charging calls at 80c/min

So all in all it worked out pretty similar (although I do now get some data etc)

I will check out Amaysim - OH still on pre-paid and keeps loosing all his money at the end of each month - 90 days would be good.

We are currently looking at data options - currently on a dongle and also considering maybe a land line & broadband (although seems a waste of money as we will never use the landline)

Guest VickyMel

Can't seem to find the minimum cost for the 90 day pre-paid for amaysim without having to go through the signing up process.

Anyone know what the minimum cost would be for the amaysim pre-paid that lasts 90 days?

Thanks

Vicky

im with optus on payg, as the contract phones dont cover uk calls on the free mins, i pay 30bucks a month, which gives me unlimted texts, 5mg data and about 2, 30 mins calls to the uk a week for a month of credit, cant fault them, good coverage etc

I'm on the same plan and am more than happy with it.

Guest VickyMel
Im post paid, went straight thru on approval. I pay $39 and get unlimited texts and calls within australia and 4 g of data, free Facebook and other social networks

Does the $39 last for the 90 day period?

Just got OH onto $10 / month pre-paid (was paying $20/month) and he still lost $8 of it this month!

He's not very chatty!