Hairdresser Qualifications for WA

zara283

Hi there I don't know if anyone can help.

My partner & I are looking to move to WA next year. Our original plan is to go on a 457 visa as he may have (not confirmed as of yet) sponsorship through a farm. However if this does not work we are trying to look at all our avenues & wondered if my hairdressing skills would come under any of the visas.

I currently hold a level 2 & I am doing my NVQ level 3, is this enough to get a job in WA & are the recognised there or do I have to do something when I get there or before I go????

Can anyone help with this, I haven't been able to find much advice on the net so far :unsure:

Hi there I don't know if anyone can help.

My partner & I are looking to move to WA next year. Our original plan is to go on a 457 visa as he may have (not confirmed as of yet) sponsorship through a farm. However if this does not work we are trying to look at all our avenues & wondered if my hairdressing skills would come under any of the visas.

I currently hold a level 2 & I am doing my NVQ level 3, is this enough to get a job in WA & are the recognised there or do I have to do something when I get there or before I go????

Can anyone help with this, I haven't been able to find much advice on the net so far :unsure:

If you are applying as a hairdresser then the first thing you'll need to do is have your skills assessed through TRA, I'm not sure if you'll need to have completed your level 3 though? I think the best thing to do is ring a migration agent, you get a free 15min phone consultation which can be useful to ask any questions.

If your TRA is successful then you apply for WA state sponsorship, you then have 3 months to lodge your 176 application, it's a lot of work but worth it! Hope that helps a bit! :-)

Archived